Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latino Paradox, why is their health so good when they are poor? Heraclitus style thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm STILL talking about MEXICANS. I've cited MEXICANS every single time.

THIS, is talking about the United States. FROM THE QUOTED ARTICLE.
    Of the top 10 causes of death in the United States, one -- diabetes, an obesity-related disease -- is far more common among Latinos than the population as a whole. In other words, acculturation to the American way of life may worsen the health of Latinos, especially when combined with lack of access to medical care.
    You people need to stop being so fixated on correcting me, especially when I'm already correct.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww is making absolutely no sense. I think he's ****ing with you all
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

You remain an idiot on all things.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Yeah judging by your comments in the fantasy football thread, you're definitely in a ****ing with people mood.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, it's the same dumb ass who can't understand the concept of two different discussions. I'm talking about Mexicans because the referenced article said United States.
            Is it your contention that there aren't many more Mexicans than any other Latino group in the United States? Show me the one off these lists that you think has a higher population in the USA, Al.

Mexican
            Puerto Rican
            Cuban
            Dominican

Central American:
            Guatemalan
            Honduran
            Nicaraguan
            Panamanian
            Salvadoran

South American:
            Colombian
            Ecuadorian
            Peruvian

Comment

Wow. Only 9% of Hispanics in America are Puerto Rican. It never really hits you when you live in an East Coast city that there are so many Mexicans. Wow.

Comment

Finally!
                Last edited by SlowwHand; November 22, 2010, 01:03.

Comment

at Slow: Most Mexican immigrants in the US are predominatly Amerindian in ancestry, I can't see what your problem with that statment is.

http://dienekes.blogspot.com/2009/05...-mestizos.html

As expected, Mestizo admixture is mainly between Caucasoids and Amerindians, with a very little Sub-Saharan African thrown in at the individual level. Moreover, as with many populations, such as the Uyghur, where admixture took place several generations ago, individual admixture levels are fairly uniform, with very few individuals deviating strongly towards either the Caucasoid or Amerindian end of the spectrum.
                  Its safe to say that recent immigration has been disproportinatley from poorer regions of Mexico.

at Alby: Latinos are a diverse bunch, early migration from Mexico consited mostly of Caucasians many Cuban immigrants are also caucasian, there are also many Carribean Latino Blacks. However in the US by far the largest group are Mexican mestizo's not a random sample of them, and since we haven't seen data for indvidual nationalities we can assume its mostly Mexicans driving the Latino paradox.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I only explained it a half dozen times. You're an idiot. Go away.

Comment

Working...
                    X