So who is this Robert Plomp person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is this Robert Plomp person?

I know I've been in and our for ... ummm... almost a decade, but I have no recolection of this guy.
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Cybershy
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

ah... That clears that up. Anyone else going around changing names? Seems like a silly thing to do. Btw, I like the remodel that went on.
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Nothing major that I recall but you can check here if you want.

Comment

Thank you, that cleared a few things up. So, what happened to ming?

Comment

He's around. Moderator of civ5 forum apparently. Still civving and golfing too, I'd wager.

Comment

You got that right
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, it's good to see you guys. Ming, the forums seem to pulse that civ5 is epic fail. How do you feel about it?

Comment

Too early to say... Civ IV sucked on it's original release. Civ V has some good stuff that "could" be great.
                  But the AI needs a lot of work, some balance issues REALLY need to be worked out, and MP just plain sucks... which is par for the course on any new Civ release
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmph... well, If they could go back and start with CivII again, and fix some of the issues there (instead of going off the wrong direction like Civ3), that would be amazing.

Comment

If only the civ2 source code hadn't been lost.

Comment

Wait... who said Civ IV sucked on original release?! Most of what I remember is that people were celebrating how good Civ IV was after the travesty that was Civ III. Some people didn't like Civ IV, but every game will have detractors.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Civ4 actually was the best release since Civ2 in terms of MP playability. Of course that doesn't change the ****ing terrible coding it had complete with a nice memory leak. Compared to Civ5 though, Civ4 was light years ahead in terms of its MP. Too bad Civ4 was a game made for 5 year olds.

Comment

I have a love hate relationship with civ 4, unfortunately its more hate than love. I miss civ 2, some tweaking would have been better than civ 3 or 4

Comment

Civ5 actually has some potential, but the problem is you basically have to come out with a new game practically because of all the balance issues, coding issues, lack of features, etc. The game is basically still in beta stage. It ****ing blows my mind when I read people talk about how they'll fix the game or the expansion pack will be the complete game. Bunch of ****ing communists.

Comment

Working...
                              X