No announcement yet.

The ethical argument against PETA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beasts of burden aren't much use in a developed nation, and PETA doesn't believe in consuming cows' milk either. Dairy is a form of cruelty and exploitation and so on.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
      India actually has the world's largest cattle population, and they don't eat them. Some roam free, some are still used as beasts of burden, others are used for milk, so going Vegan doesn't necessarily mean eradicating the cow.
      India also has tigers who might like like to munch on holy cows. PETA should launch a campaign (featuring lots of naked woman) to encourage cow eating tigers to become vegetarians. We can't have tigers exploiting cows, they should have salad sandwiches instead.

Comment

Actually the Bengal tiger is facing an almost certain extinction in a few years.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Pretty much every apex predator that has large territorial requirements will be extinct in 50-100 years. The ones left in zoos will eventually become inbred monstrosities that would survive in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsie View Post
            Yeah it's like if people didn't view Africans as animals/property a few centuries ago then they'd still all be back in their third world dumps. Hence, opposing slavery is unethical
            Africans are animals, literally.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az View Post
              Africans are animals, literally.
              Not the most politically correct thing I ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by peterfharris View Post
                Not the most politically correct thing I ever read.
                /
                ______
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                  India actually has the world's largest cattle population, and they don't eat them. Some roam free, some are still used as beasts of burden, others are used for milk, so going Vegan doesn't necessarily mean eradicating the cow.
                  As with many of religious tennats, this was born out of practicality. The cow was more beneficial as a long run producer (milk, dung for fertilizer, etc) than a short term one - meat. I had a socialogy professor in college who specialized in Indian studies who claimed that there was a specific Vedic leader (can't remember the name) who declared the cow holy in an effort to save the cattle population in India during a great drought.
                  "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

Working...
                  X