Am I getting old and cantankerous or is Google getting annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I getting old and cantankerous or is Google getting annoying

First it was instant search and now they have the annoying Google instant preview. At least you can turn instant search off, the instant preview seems to have no off option.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

I only get a preview if I click the little magnifying glass. By clicking one of them I can toggle the feature on and off. I like it.

Comment

You're definitely just getting old and cantankerous.

GAHD DAMN chillun these days. I hate me progress, back in my day we had ALTA VISTA AND WE LIKED IT. Uphill, BOTH WAYS.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes, but clicking almost anywhere on the search page turns the instant previews on.
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

If you click on a search result, they don't show up.

If you click on a result, but not on a link, it shows the preview. What else should it do? Why are you clicking non-links in the results?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post

If you click on a result, but not on a link, it shows the preview. What else should it do? Why are you clicking non-links in the results?
            Don't know but it happens a lot. I think I randomly click blank parts of webpages because of boredom.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
              You're definitely just getting old and cantankerous.

GAHD DAMN chillun these days. I hate me progress, back in my day we had ALTA VISTA AND WE LIKED IT. Uphill, BOTH WAYS.
              Well dad gummit, I been usin' Lycos all these years and lovin' every darn second.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like instant search (because I can type w and get the weather where i am), and the previews are neat but not terribly useful, but the fact that you can't use the arrow keys to scroll with instant search on is a mother****ing sack of ****.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                  X