Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This silly sport the Americans call football

It suddenly looks good. USA! USA!
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

This is the new youtube thread.

Comment

Fine with that.

Last edited by Heraclitus; November 12, 2010, 22:35.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Comment

The Americans have certainly improved the standard of their football. Well done.

Comment

Looked better than some college games I've seen, but what's with the walls round the pitch?

Comment

field, duke. It's called a field. And it's arena football style. You ever see arena football?

I actually did some limited research on this. They play a strange sort of football without several important positions and no physical specialization between positions whatsoever (unlike how in real football offensive linemen are 300+lb beasts and wide receivers are skinny guys, etc.).

Their players put up weird stats from a football perspective. For example, I saw the Philadelphia team's QB stat-line from one game and it was something absurd like 4 for 9 for 150 yards and 3 TDs. Like that stat-line would never exist in men's football.

Also, the league is ****ed up. They don't pay medical bills for players who get injured playing the game. That's really messed up. Especially considering that safety equipment is discouraged because it would take away from the lingerie. Like seriously... they could at least give them real helmets. Like what the ****?

I know it's what the women signed up for but the league could at least act like it cares about player safety, especially since it tries to market itself as legitimate with legitimate athletes (these women actually are very athletic; they're not just some models they put up there).
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

An oldie but a goodie--creepy muppet gets his ass whooped by a kangaroo.

1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                  Looked better than some college games I've seen, but what's with the walls round the pitch?
                  IIRC, some of the venues are indoors and were not designed for football.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

The Arena Football League and Indoor Football League are like that as well.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                    X