Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with newly discovered siblings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with newly discovered siblings?

So now one of my father's other kids who's a preteen or something sends me a friend request all like "I am your brother. I want to be friends with you."

Umm... I'm obviously not a family person so blood ties mean nothing to me. But I'd feel bad that some kid halfway around the world is trying to reach out to another son of his father and I ignore him.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

And the world continues to turn! What will be in store next for our young heroic marine!? Tune in next time for the chronicles of Albi!

*Cue closing song*

"NEED ME! LOVE ME! ACCEPT ME! YA YA YA!"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      So now one of my father's other kids who's a preteen or something sends me a friend request all like "I am your brother. I want to be friends with you."
      Was it all like that, or only partially?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hey Albie. Maybe your thing is being an awesome older brother.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Just accept the friend request, put him on a list which grants him no access to your profile, and ignore him til he's 30-40 and less likely to ask for money.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You've seen the posh place Alpert's dad lives in. And that fancy Mercedes! Alpert should be asking him for money.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah. Ask for money, from both of them.

Comment

Tell him that you want to know him in a satisfy your curiosity way (names, their pictures etc), but that you don't want to develop a family relationship with them, because in spite of the blood, your real family are others.

Perhaps he is too young for that kind of answer, but your father isn't. That is what I did with my father's family, my father hated his family and would never let me meet his relatives, he told me "your great-grandmother died" when I was 18, and I had never met her even though she lived in the same city as me.

Lately I met I parent's relatives and I made it clear to them that I wanted to know them to satisfy my curiosity in a genealogical family history way, but that I wanted nothing more since it would be too "heavy" to include dozens of people I had never met before as part of my family.

BTW, Alby, are you white, arab, black? Always wanted to ask that
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Your parents are such sluts
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Albie is a sephardic jew.
                    Graffiti in a public toilet
                    Do not require skill or wit
                    Among the **** we all are poets
                    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

"I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Being friends on Facebook is a meaningless exercise. Just accept the request and never respond to any messages he sends you.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                          Albie is a sephardic jew.
                          I neither care for his venereal diseases nor his religion...
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Umm... I'm obviously not a family person so blood ties mean nothing to me. But I'd feel bad that some kid halfway around the world is trying to reach out to another son of his father and I ignore him.

I knew of a half sister that I'd never met. She contacted me via Facebook. I spoke of it here. "Family person" or not, you shouldn't shut them out. Health matters alone is one reason to be curious.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wow...what a classy way to make first contact with a long-lost sibling...through Facebook...
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                              X