The stupid crap we see on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should you be casting stones, Alby?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's probably envy.

Of whom, it remains to be seen.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The Godwin's Law of Poly: as any argument continues, the odds of an Alby-is-gay joke approaches one.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Who made an Alby is gay joke?

I'm referring simply to his asexual, lone wolf nature.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Glee--I'm really not sure what to think. Sure, I dislike musicals, but as musicals go it's not bad, I guess. ...
            The Rocky Horror episode was a travesty. If the content is too racy for TV then DON'T EVEN TRY!!
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I liked "Chicago" (the movie)
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                The Rocky Horror episode was a travesty. If the content is too racy for TV then DON'T EVEN TRY!!
                They even managed to upset GLAAD by using the word "tranny", which is hilarious because they put in that word instead of "transvestite" to be less offensive.

Comment

I was actually impressed with the songs they choose for the show. They did not shy away from the "racy" numbers. With just a few minor issues, I enjoyed it considerably.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You sir, are obviously not a devotee of the original.

It was awful.

edit - It was in many ways similar to the Clerks animated series. Toned down to laughable levels.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I was a big fan of Rocky Horror. I only took offense to who they cast as the DR on Glee. Everyone else did a good job.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"was"

Easy test - Have you seen it in the last two weeks (aside from the Glee version)? As Halloween just passed a true fan would answer yes.

Comment

Have listened to it a few times on my ipod. And forced my wife (who was not a big fan) to watch the DVD once. (right afterwards)
                          For the record, I used to get dressed up and go on stage. But that was many years ago.

That episode was much more entertaining than when they do a theme based on CHIC songs.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This Dr. Phil guy is just asking for a lawsuit from whoever makes Ipecac. Jerry Springer + sanctimony = pure evil.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                              **** me! I've seen it all now - a heated Poly 'debate' as to what is the correct use of a cane when someone has an injured leg!!!

Keep up the good work, guys!
                              Thank you for putting 'debate' in quotes, correctly implying that my complete destruction of Sloww White and the Seven Dumb****s was in no way a serious competition.

Comment

Sorry dude, you're tarred with the same brush...
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X