No announcement yet.

Tell Us About Your Current Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a student, doing a work-study program to pay for my degree in agriculture. But I'm in Thailand, so I of course have to specialize in gender.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I'm an investment banker who specializes in financing the visits of my peers to exotic southeast asian locations with lax sex trade laws.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I work on the legal team that makes sure that all of the aforementioned activities are covered by attorney-client privilege. Wink Wink. Nod Nod.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Your condos in Chicago wouldn't happen to be located in Thailand and furnished with nubile young high school students would they?

Comment

Do you go to Thailand often, Shawn?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

:furiouslyangry:
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

In my job I do things such as posting inane comments on the Apolyton Off Topic forum.

Comment

I do that as well. I am very good at the job.

Comment

I'm still not allowed to post inane comments, so I have to limit myself to terrible jokes and god-awful puns.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I will be allowed to post inane comments only after the promotion.
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I'm Head of Disco Operations at a rentboy ranch in Thailand.
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'm an expert/entrepreneur on information security management, investments and risk management. I made the big mistake of trying to do company building. Well, I'm still doing it, but let's just say if you're in the business of what I do, you're likely to favor vertical type of action where one person does everything from cold calling to closing a deal to the deliverable and everything in between, including all the general business activities. This is to avoid compartmentalization(?) of a small business. It makes little sense to have, say, a sales department, HR, all that stuff. It will lead into "I'm waiting for the other guys to give me this report so I can work on it" etc. It'll create bottlenecks. Things won't get done.

The bad side to this is that you need really motivated and good people. If they are that good, they know they'll get much more if they just go for a known company and they have to work less and would be in stable environment. My job is to take the risk of putting all the eggs in this one basket, make it work, do the daily grind and beat the odds. My job is to grow this business into a steady one. In reality, we're just shaping this company for our exit. So, giving value is my main job.

IN SUMMARY: My main task is to run the secure communication and protect the identity of our customer and ensure smooth business transaction and privacy in the Thailand holiday business.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka wins thread.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Robert Plomp pays me a huge sum of money every month to 'moderate off topic' but really it's because of some compromising photos I hold of him after a recent trip to Thailand.
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

I arrange travel for gay philippino guys to Toronto so they can hit on Canadians.
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X