No announcement yet.

So Civ 5 basically bombed eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:43.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• I thought your dumb ass went to sleep?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• BAN AAHZ!!

BAN AAHZ!!

BAN AAHZ!!
        Please put Asher on your ignore list.
        Please do not quote Asher.
        He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

• ban an aahz

Comment

• this whole thread

even though it's in the wrong forum.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• Can someone get AAHZ off this site, so it has a chance to survive? His trollish behaviour is like all the trolls in this site combined into one and supercharged.

And he posted in the wrong forum.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 19:42.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Who Posted?
                  Posts 58 AAHZ
                  Posts 16 Asher
                  Posts 14 DriXnaK
                  Posts 12 gribbler
                  Posts 7 Aeson
                  Posts 3 Oerdin
                  Posts 3 bc1871
                  Posts 2 DaShi
                  Posts 2 Elok
                  Posts 2 Felch
                  Posts 2 OneFootInTheGrave
                  Posts 2 Barnabas
                  Posts 1 Nikolai
                  Posts 1 C0ckney
                  Posts 1 Lorizael
                  Posts 1 Wiglaf
                  hrm...
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                    Can someone get AAHZ off this site, so it has a chance to survive? His trollish behaviour is like all the trolls in this site combined into one and supercharged.
                    No he isn't. Not outside of his imagination, anyway. You want to see a decent troll, look at Drake. AAHZ is just this random glue-sniffer who pops up to pester us every now and then. He's the one poster I can think of who provides absolutely, positively nothing interesting to the site. Which is actually worse than being a troll; trolls keep things lively.

And he posted in the wrong forum.
                    Yes, you're right about that.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                      if i get banned from this thread that is fine, i might actually feel GOOD about it, but Plomp has questions to answer about my previous ban that is borderline criminal.
                      How can the previous ban be criminal if he legislated it?
                      1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        No he isn't. Not outside of his imagination, anyway. You want to see a decent troll, look at Drake. AAHZ is just this random glue-sniffer who pops up to pester us every now and then. He's the one poster I can think of who provides absolutely, positively nothing interesting to the site. Which is actually worse than being a troll; trolls keep things lively.
                        You're right. He is that bad.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• All the trolling and BS aside: Civ 5 is a disappointing game which has been streamlined for MP so playing SP feels like a chore. Irrational, yet predictible AI and simplification beyond rational Wisdom managed to make this game utterly boring to the Normal Target Group of Civ: Civ Players while failing to entice more casual Gamer Demographics.

For me Civ has always been a Game which is enjoyable in Single Player and Fun in Multiplayer, yet because MP takes such a long time, not to mention organisation and time conflicts between participating parties, SP will always prevail. (PbEm excluded)

So lets assume this Civ5 is a MP oriented Design.( No Wonder Movies, Tech Descriptions outsourced to Pedia..) But is it really? Here is how my first Civ5 MP game went: 2 Human (Coop-)Players 6 AI random Civs. I drew Ottoman Empire and 2. Player Russia.
                          The usual slow Start expanding,
                          watching the AI placing Cities next to our Capitals ( First WTF)
                          researching towards swordsmen to kill those cities
                          staring at the disperse of Iron resources: Russia 24, Otto 2
                          connecting Iron Resources
                          Building 2 Swordsmen wanting more
                          Trade 2 Russian Iron for Luxury Goods
                          Watching in disbelief as my Iron goes form 0(2) to -2(2) in the next Round
                          -4(2) (Realizing the existing Swordsmen get -50% Strength)
                          -6(2) Hoping for Return to normal when Trade Pact ends
                          Hope not fullfilled
                          Meanwhile Russia reaching +48 iron of which great parts dont exist yet get doubled by Russian Speciality
                          Asking myself wheter this got Betatested at all
                          Save and Reload in hope of Game actually checking resources
                          Failure of Game to do so
                          Reseaching Gunpowder to get rid of Iron Problem realizing Navy wont be possible
                          Using Janits to make small progress against AI, while Russian Longswordhordes destroy everything in their Path.

Well Done CivV. Also screw you.
                          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• Civ5, streamlined for MP? Yeah, right.

Seriously though, Civ5 is a great game. Not up with Civ4 yet, but Civ4 had two XPs before it really shone. And take a look at the feedback towards Civ4 when it came: Yup, much like what Civ5 gets today.

Comment

• Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                              if i get banned from this thread that is fine, i might actually feel GOOD about it, but Plomp has questions to answer about my previous ban that is borderline criminal.
                              Questions like, why did the ban end? Why does he continue to listen to your delusions of grandeur? Why does he put up with continued personal attacks?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Main Brain, despite the title, this thread is not actually about Civ5 (which I never even considered buying, since every pre-release tidbit of information made me want it less). It's a standard "AAHZ acts like a dingus while we all struggle to find as-yet-unused synonyms for 'retarded'" thread.
                                1011 1100

Comment

Working...
                                X