No announcement yet.

**** virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to know that there are 'geniuses' out there like Kuci and KH who think it's some absurdity that a 24-year old soldier who lost his legs and was paralyzed in an IED blast in Afghanistan be exempted from paying property tax.

WOW. You two are unfathomably stupid.

The VA compensation for 100% total disability is $2673/month or $32K pre-tax annually. Keep in mind the designation 100% disability is given for someone considered unemployable. Yay! Let's do even less for disabled veterans so they can all be homeless beggars!

Holy **** you two are so ****ing wrong it's not even funny.
    Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 3, 2010, 07:24.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The House version of the bill passed unanimously on a 99-0 vote on February 15, 2010, and passed the Virginia State Senate on a 39-0 vote on February 26, 2010[2]
      Well we know the Virginia State Assembly doesn't have any total retards.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

VA compensation is $32k annually, pretax. Social security for a disabled person is also 'something'. Additionally, a 100% disabled person gets the following:

1. Eligibility for additional allowance for dependents—spouse, children, dependent parent(s).
        2. Eligibility for additional aid and attendance allowance for disabled spouse.
        3. Enrollment in VA Healthcare Priority Group 1 (no co-payments required).
        4. VA fee basis outpatient medical card (all conditions requiring treatment, whether SC or not).
        5. Eligibility for all necessary dental care.
        6. Eligibility for sensorineural aids—hearing aids, eyeglasses, contact lenses—without regard to whether the condition producing need for such is service-connected.
        7. Eligibility for long-term VA Nursing Home care for any condition.
        8. Eligibility for health care coverage under CHAMPVA for spouse and children (unless they are also eligible for TRICARE).
        9. Eligibility for Service-Disabled Veterans’ Insurance (RH), including up to $20,000 supplemental insurance beyond regular amount.
        10. Waiver of VA life insurance premiums, if under age 65 (but not on additional amounts).
        11. Possible eligibility for special monthly compensation for loss or loss of use of a creative organ; loss of a female breast; loss or loss of use of one hand, one foot, or one eye; loss of use of both buttocks; complete deafness in both ears; or, complete organic aphonia (loss of ability to communicate by speech).
        12. Possible eligibility for special monthly compensation for loss or loss of use of both eyes, both hands, or both feet, or one hand and one foot. Includes paired extremities or organs (one SC, the other NSC, 38 CFR § 3.383) and combinations of losses.
        13. Possible eligibility for special monthly compensation because of being permanently housebound or having one disability rated 100% plus other conditions independently ratable at 60% or more.
        14. Possible eligibility for special monthly compensation because of being so helpless as to require the regular aid and attendance of another person.
        15. Possible eligibility for payment of annual clothing allowance for specified SC disorders resulting in need for prosthetic appliance or use of a wheelchair, or for certain skin conditions.
        16. Possible eligibility for one-time assistance in purchase of specially-adapted automobile.
        17. Possible eligibility for Automobile Adaptive Equipment Allowance.
        18. Eligibility for education or training under V A V ocational Rehabilitation.
        19. Possible eligibility for Special Adapted Housing Assistance.
        20. Possible eligibility for Special Home Adaptation Grant.
        21. Possible eligibility for Veterans’ Mortgage Life Insurance (VMLI).
        22. CAL-VET Home Loan Disability Insurance.
        23. Eligibility for property tax exemption on principle residence.
        24. Home loan guaranty funding fee exemption.
        25. Possible eligibility for Home Improvement and Structural Alteration (HISA) home modification grant.
        26. Golden Access Passport for U.S. National Parks. 27. California State Park pass (requires SC wartime-incurred disability) ($3.50 one-time fee). 28. Reduced fee for hunting license. 29. Reduced fee for basic sport fishing license.
        30. Eligibility for 10-point preference for Federal Civil Service employment. Under certain circumstances, may be employed on a noncompetitive basis. The 10-point preference is also applicable for the spouse and/or natural mother of a permanently totally service- disabled veteran.
        31. Eligibility for 15-point preference for State of California employment. The spouse of a 100% disabled veteran is eligible for 10-point preference.
        32. Eligibility for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Education Assistance for spouse and/or children under 38 U.S.C., Chapter 35.
        33. Eligibility for CAL-VET College Tuition and Fee Waiver for spouse and children (Plan A). Requires wartime service. May not be authorized concurrently with VA education assistance under Chapter 35.
        34. Eligibility for CAL-VET College Tuition and Fee Waiver for children (Plan B). May be authorized concurrently with VA education assistance under Chapter 35.
        35. Eligibility for son(s) and/or daughter(s) to compete for admission to military academies.
        36. Eligibility for military identification card.
        37. Possible eligibility for DMV Disabled Veteran license plates.
        38. Eligibility for exemption from vehicle license fees.
        39. If a 20-year military retiree, possible eligibility for CDRP or CRSC.
        40. Withdrawal from SBP program participation (military retirees) after having been rated SC, totally disabled for 10 continuous years, or, if out of service less than 10 years, having been rated SC, totally disabled for at least 5 continuous years from date of last active duty.
        41. Possible eligibility for the California Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) and the Federal Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB) programs.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You realize a lot of those AREN'T benefits... look at some of them:

26. Golden Access Passport for U.S. National Parks. 27. California State Park pass (requires SC wartime-incurred disability) ($3.50 one-time fee). 28. Reduced fee for hunting license. 29. Reduced fee for basic sport fishing license.
          35. Eligibility for son(s) and/or daughter(s) to compete for admission to military academies.
          36. Eligibility for military identification card.
          37. Possible eligibility for DMV Disabled Veteran license plates.

What are you trying to say, Jon? Are you seriously saying enough is done for 100% disabled veterans?

Comment

The reasonable objection is that because it's a property tax exemption, it's unevenly applied "compensation" to disabled veterans... in favor of the more well-off (financially).

Comment

so if not all veterans can get it, none shall! That's the objection?

Also, it seriously doesn't take much money to buy a house (and yes, I realize property tax is tied with the value of the house; although you wouldn't know it if you lived in Philadelphia where property taxes are sky-high despite low home values). I live in a major city so housing costs a lot more here than it does in most parts of the country but according to trulia.com, the average sale price per square foot in my neighborhood (well just outside because trulia's demarcations are weird) is $34/square foot. I imagine it's even cheaper in rural areas and small towns.

Granted, that's a ghetto but some really nice areas like West Mt. Airy have average sales price of $132/square foot and looks like most neighborhoods in the city are under $100/square foot. You can definitely get a nice size house for under $100K (although it may need some fixing). 1000 square feet is enough for a reasonably sized family.

Yes, the savings of this person from the property tax exemption would be less than someone with a bigger house but why is that important or an objection against doing something so obviously right? That's some dumb if not all can get it, none shall crap.
              Last edited by Al B. Sure!; November 3, 2010, 08:24.

Comment

Isn't McCain considered 100% disabled?
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                  Nice to know that there are 'geniuses' out there like Kuci and KH who think it's some absurdity that a 24-year old soldier who lost his legs and was paralyzed in an IED blast in Afghanistan be exempted from paying property tax.

WOW. You two are unfathomably stupid.

The VA compensation for 100% total disability is $2673/month or $32K pre-tax annually. Keep in mind the designation 100% disability is given for someone considered unemployable. Yay! Let's do even less for disabled veterans so they can all be homeless beggars!

Holy **** you two are so ****ing wrong it's not even funny.
                  This is precisely the sort of reasoning that shows why primitive concepts like "fairness" are destructive to any sort of rational decision-making.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

? The first one seems stupid, but how many permanently, totally crippled veterans does VA have, and how many of those own property (and how much is that property worth for tax purposes)? It sounds like the loss of money for that would be almost nominal, regardless of compassionate considerations.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                      This is precisely the sort of reasoning that shows why primitive concepts like "fairness" are destructive to any sort of rational decision-making.

I can not put into words the immense hatred I have for you right now. I am enraged and actually am choked up thinking that there are people like you out there who spit in the faces of those brave men and women who sacrificed their bodies will be disabled for the rest of their lives at the prime of their lives because they fought and gave their all to serve the greatest country on earth and protect the freedoms and privileges that you so callously enjoy i can not even explain the emotion i have right now that anyone could believe what you believe something so small like a property tax exemption is too much for YOU to sacrifice when they have sacrificed their bodies

Comment

Pandering to seniors works really well. They vote. They're mostly retired so they have time to pay attention, get involved, etc.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Alby, you're a moron. KH doesn't hate veterans, disabled people, etc. If the benifits that are given to a disabled soldier are insufficient, that should be addressed. Not this way, though.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

actually i believe all employees of goldman sachs are contractually obliged to hate veterans, the disabled, young children, cute little puppies, mothers and apple pie.

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Albert, I'm going to propose a measure to give $1,000,000 to each veteran. Do I have your vote?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Every spending or taxation decision can be described as "fairer"

"I'm going to tax group x and exempt group y, because it's fairer"
                                "I'm going to let group x keep more of their money and tax group y the same, because it's fairer"

It's meaningless and totally depends on your personal viewpoint.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X