Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here ever tought about signing up for cryonics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here ever tought about signing up for cryonics?

And if you have, did you choose to do so and if not why?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I'm very seriously considering it. I'm currently not in the kind of financial situation where I can afford it, though. I'm not planning on having children and I have no belief in a soul, so even if the chances of it working are astronomically remote, I can think of no reason not to do it. It is my sincerest hope, however, that it will prove unnecessary.
    Last edited by Lorizael; November 1, 2010, 22:15.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No. If Hollywood has taught us anything, it's that the future is a bleak, dreary place inhabited by mutants in a post apocalyptic wasteland... and while that would be an awesome place to run amok, I'd be surrounded by the type of people who chose to be cryo'd and/or choose to unthaw them and it's just not worth it...

Comment

No, I haven't and no, I won't.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
          No. If Hollywood has taught us anything, it's that the future is a bleak, dreary place inhabited by mutants in a post apocalyptic wasteland... and while that would be an awesome place to run amok, I'd be surrounded by the type of people who chose to be cryo'd and/or choose to unthaw them and it's just not worth it...
          What if it is like Futurama?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'd be surrounded by the type of people who chose to be cryo'd and/or choose to unthaw them and it's just not worth it...

Comment

Working...
            X