America: Land of ***** Retards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America: Land of ***** Retards

It's been a while since my last "mad as hell and too apathetic to do anything about it" thread, so here we go.

Is the continuing nosedive of our collective IQ leading to an inevitable collapse of our country? Can a nation where Dancing With The Stars, professional wrestling, American Idol, and Outsourced are among the most popular entertainments sustain itself culturally? Can a nation where most people actually think either the Democrats or the Republicans have any interest in improving the country have any hope politically? Can a country that actively denigrates intellectual pursuits and education have any chance of ending up somewhere other than "Idiocracy"?

Just how far away are we from Brawndo and President Hector Elizondo Mountain Dew Macho Comacho?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

But Guynemer, the Flynn effect! Clearly everyone is getting smarter!
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I got a little flyer in the mail yesterday, from CATSOC, Citizen's Alliance to Save Our Country. Apparently "Steven J. Arentz" is running for county something-or-other but--get this--he runs, owns, or is somehow associated with a restaurant with NUMEROUS HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS. That's the entire argument against him, apparently; the whole damn flyer is full of citations from inspection reports saying that Hemingway's near the bay bridge was "filthy," "dirty," "needs cleaning," etc. At the bottom: "Look at how he ran his business...should he be elected to run the County as Commission President?"

Yeah, I'm not voting. For anyone.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
        It's been a while since my last "mad as hell and too apathetic to do anything about it" thread, so here we go.

Is the continuing nosedive of our collective IQ leading to an inevitable collapse of our country? Can a nation where Dancing With The Stars, professional wrestling, American Idol, and Outsourced are among the most popular entertainments sustain itself culturally? Can a nation where most people actually think either the Democrats or the Republicans have any interest in improving the country have any hope politically? Can a country that actively denigrates intellectual pursuits and education have any chance of ending up somewhere other than "Idiocracy"?

Just how far away are we from Brawndo and President Hector Elizondo Mountain Dew Macho Comacho?
        You seem familiar with those programs. Intimately familiar. I assume you include yourself in your rage?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Idiocracy is grossly overoptimistic.
          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

**** no. But you can't ****ing ignore them when they are on the GODDAMNED NEWS.

Another aspect of this country that is unbe****inglievable. The ****ing "news". Jesus titty ****ing Christ.

x-post
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Why so enraged over the actions and attitudes of others? They are not the limbs to your body; within your control. Release yourself from this concern with controlling those around you. You may teach but can not force others to listen or understand. Do what you can but anything else will be in vain so do not bother your mind over it.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                **** no. But you can't ****ing ignore them when they are on the GODDAMNED NEWS.

Another aspect of this country that is unbe****inglievable. The ****ing "news". Jesus titty ****ing Christ.

x-post
                The best thing to come out of your country is the expression Jesus titty ****ing Christ.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I thought this was about the ******** at Notre Dame that climbs aboard a scissor lift in 50+ mph winds, tweets that he's gonna die, and then proceed to prove himself correct when the lift gets blown over.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Come on dude, that's not really funny.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Am I laughing?

It was an incredibly stupid thing to do. Now, whether he was told to get up there (he was doing his job), or he did it on his own, it was a stupid mistake that cost him his life.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

He was videotapping their football practice. It was his job. They always have that. I live 4 blocks from Temple football's practice field and there's always someone up on the scissor lift with a camera. The coach needs to see the tape.
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

If it makes you feel better Guynemer, most other countries are worse.

Also, I'm not sure anyone from Ohio can make an unbiased analysis of American stupidity. I mean, I understand you're surrounded by Ohioans.
                          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

We could be 1970's Cambodia.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
                              Idiocracy is grossly overoptimistic.
                              I know, there is going to be no channel devoted to people being hit in the groin. the future is going to be a letdown for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X