Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Bossman on Diversity in Slovenia

Slovenia elects Peter Bossman as first black mayor
    Peter Bossman celebrates his election (24 October 2010) Mr Bossman said he had faced no discrimination because of his skin colour or origins in recent years

A Ghana-born doctor has been elected the first black mayor in Slovenia - and probably the first in old Yugoslavia.

Peter Bossman, a candidate of the centre-left Social Democrats (SD), narrowly won a municipal election in the Slovenian coastal town of Piran.

He said people no longer saw the colour of his skin and his election showed the "high level of democracy in Slovenia".

Mr Bossman came to the country in the 1980s, when it was still part of the former Yugoslavia, to study medicine.

He won a narrow victory over the previous mayor, Tomaz Gantar, with 51.4% of the vote.

Mr Bossmann said he was "happy and proud".

"I based my campaign on a dialogue, and I think the dialogue has won," he said.

His campaign pledges include the introduction of electric cars in Piran. He also hopes to develop an airport and a golf course to boost tourism.

'No problems at all'

The 54-year-old had aimed to return to Ghana after his studies, but changed his mind after marrying a fellow doctor of Croatian origin.

About 12% of the population of Slovenia, which declared independence in 1991 and became the only former Yugoslav state to join the European Union in 2004, were born abroad, but only a fraction come from Africa.

Mr Bossman told the Reuters news agency that he had faced no discrimination because of his skin colour or origins in recent years.

"There are always small groups of people not accepting people who are different and in the first months after coming to Slovenia I felt that some people did not want to be with us," he said.

"But for the last 10 or 15 years, I experienced nothing like that any more. I have no problems at all and I think people no longer see the colour of my skin when they look at me," he added.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11616879

Blah

It's all Bossman's fault.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm curious what our resident Slovenian, Hera, has to say about this.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Slovenia's own Bosman ruling - wonder who he'll transfer to on his free after this...?
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

He must be celebrating
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Let's examine some key points of the article:

The 54-year-old had aimed to return to Ghana after his studies, but changed his mind after marrying a fellow doctor of Croatian origin.
            This is of course proof that he - like other black people - came to Europe to steal our women.

Mr Bossman told the Reuters news agency that he had faced no discrimination because of his skin colour or origins in recent years.
            And here we have proof that black people are notorious liars, cuz everyone knows in Europe it's all about teh racism.
            Blah

Comment

Is Merkel still chancellor or did you guys elect a Fuhrer yet?
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                Is Merkel still chancellor or did you guys elect a Fuhrer yet?
                Sure, a whopping majority of 1 out of 10 supports this.
                Blah

Comment

**** this I am changing my name to Bossman
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

There was an article on Cracked.com about manliest names and there is some guy in the US Army... Sergeant First Class Max Fightmaster... Max Fightmaster. Holy ****

Comment

I hear Bossman wasn't a very good fine wine salesman. He kept letting CG posters drink his fine wines.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm curious what our resident Slovenian, Hera, has to say about this.
                        Don't have a problem with this, the guy doesn't seem to have a chip on his shoulder and doesn't whine about rassism keeping his people down, he also seems more competent than his defeated opponent. What I however find funny is how people in previous threads asked me if I even ever met a black person, did they really think there where no black people in Slovenia?

I don't think people realize that while there are monoracial or nearly monoracial (99%) countries in the world (Asian and Africa have plenty) there is no such thing (any more) as a monoracial majority White country.

In any case I have no problem with a few thousand or even 1% of Slovenia's population being Black, what I do mind is the culture of victimhood and high social difunction one gets as African descended populations approach 5%, and even if you where to make all immigrants East Asian, while I would probably be ok with a higher percentage (I'm pretty sure considering Eastern Europe kept its identity despite Tartar blood that about 40% of Slovenia's population could be East Asian without it costing us our culture) I would still oppose wholesale population replacement where the middle and lower White class is taxed and discriminated against (affirmative action), in effect depressing White fetility to subsidise lower class nonWhite feritility all the while forcing Whites to integrate in private lives to prevent them from having a viable breeding population needed to survive as an independent ethnic group.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

There was an article on Cracked.com about manliest names and there is some guy in the US Army... Sergeant First Class Max Fightmaster... Max Fightmaster. Holy ****
                          Amongst those great names is a chap called Dick Pound.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                            In any case I have no problem with a few thousand or even 1% of Slovenia's population being Black, what I do mind is the culture of victimhood and high social difunction one gets as African descended populations approach 5%, and even if you where to make all immigrants East Asian, while I would probably be ok with a higher percentage (I'm pretty sure considering Eastern Europe kept its identity despite Tartar blood that about 40% of Slovenia's population could be East Asian without it costing us our culture) I would still oppose wholesale population replacement where the middle and lower White class is taxed and discriminated against (affirmative action), in effect depressing White fetility to subsidise lower class nonWhite feritility all the while forcing Whites to integrate in private lives to prevent them from having a viable breeding population needed to survive as an independent ethnic group.

See that's why you're crazy and racist. You actually think any of that is going on?

Comment

In any case I have no problem with a few thousand or even 1% of Slovenia's population being Black,
                              that's very big of you.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X