Yellow peril politcal add

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow peril politcal add

I think this is silly and slightly scaremongering. China will of course outshine America in the very near future (perhaps 2025) but the decline of the US will be slow and China won't become much more powerful than the US especially since by 2030 their demographic issues will make them a larger poorer copy of Japan.

Genetic engineerin is the X issue here of course but this is something that will only radically change the world order on the scale of perhaps a century not mere decades because of the long time period humans need to mature.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

That ***** Truman should've let MacArthur nuke China
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

The funny thing about that right wing nonsense is China has a much larger stimulus which has worked extremely well. Of course, instead of tax cuts which don't work they literally spent 15% of GDP just on infrastructure.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

By contrast Japan's stimlus didn't turn out that well. Our economy similarly doesn't have the pressing economic need for said infrastructure,regardless of the problems that we'll incur for not having adequate water and power infrastructure. The jobs would be temporary, and the money paid wouldn't stay in this country long, if at all.

Comment

It's amazing to me that anyone could be stupid enough even now to claim that the US stimulus was a success. Then again, it's Oerdin, and Oerdin makes the impossible possible.

Comment

Amazingly the concept of whether infratructural needs are required seems to elude our Man of Genius O. Hence it may be entirely appropriate for infrastructural spending to bring a 3rd world system into modernity and hence large benefit. On the other hand infrastructural spending should be expected to have a much lesser effect on already modernized economies. Brain surgery this isn't.

Iow what whoa said
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Some would argue that American infrastructure could use improvement.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Indeed, there are parts of America that are practically third world: much of the Appalachians, Alabama, and Philadelphia.
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm all for investing in infrastructure, and in fact, it's desperately needed. It should only be done though as long as unions are barred from participating.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Some would argue that American infrastructure could use improvement.
                    That arguement can be applied to a number of areas, but give where we are vs where China is coming from the benefits are likely orders of magnitude less. Furthermore our country is more service based than hard ma
                    nufacturing. I would argue the manufactjuring based economy is far more reiant on infrastructure improvements to roads, docks, airports and rail.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                    X