Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got back from Cyprus: Another Country Torn Apart by Religious Crazies and Right-Wing Nutjobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from Cyprus: Another Country Torn Apart by Religious Crazies and Right-Wing Nutjobs!

It was pretty cool passing through all the military checkpoints along the UN buffer zone and visiting the last divided capital in the World...

Maybe Religious Crazies and Right-Wing Nutjobs aren't so bad from a tourism POV...?
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Where's next? Israel? Belfast?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Brussels?
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

DC?
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

DC sucks. It's almost as bad as SAN DIEGO
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, I only got back from Belfast last month and I've been to Brussels and DC already.

Israel I refuse to go to on account of not wanting to **** up my passport for other middle east countries. Ironically, now would be a perfect time to visit seeing as my current passport runs out at the end of May 2011...

Comment

I quite liked DC, but then all I did was a bunch of touristy stuff and got the **** out after a couple of days.

But it did seem a terribly sterile place.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                Well, I only got back from Belfast last month and I've been to Brussels and DC already.

Israel I refuse to go to on account of not wanting to **** up my passport for other middle east countries. Ironically, now would be a perfect time to visit seeing as my current passport runs out at the end of May 2011...
                There's a method of avoiding this. Google it.
                "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

I imagine I could if I wanted and not get my passport stamped in the same way as for entering TRNC (Turkish Republic of North Cyprus) by getting a stamp on a separate piece of paper, because there is the same sort of issue for visiting South Cyprus and Greece after you've been to TRNC.

Basically I just refuse to visit Israel as part of my overall boycott of the country.

Comment

Basically I just refuse to visit Israel as part of my overall boycott of the country.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

It was pretty cool passing through all the military checkpoints along the UN buffer zone and visiting the last divided capital in the World...

Maybe Religious Crazies and Right-Wing Nutjobs aren't so bad from a tourism POV...?
                      The last divided capital? What about Jerusalem?
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Jerusalem (Hebrew: יְרוּשָׁלַיִם‎ (audio) (help·info), Yerushaláyim; Arabic: القُدس (audio) (help·info), al-Quds Sharif, "The Holy Sanctuary")[ii] is the capital of Israel, though not internationally recognized as such.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Not to mention the fact that it is entirely under the control of Israel, as they stole the eastern part from the Palestinians...

Or the fact that, to this day, they are continuing to colonise it little by little.

Comment

It certainly opened my eyes though. I'd had the impression that the Turks were bastards for invading the country in 1974, trying to prevent Cyprus from being a fully independent country. But now I've come to realise that they were only protecting their minority population from a concerted campaign of ethnic cleansing by a vicious nationalist/terrorist organisation (EOKA), working in tandem with the Orthodox Church to try to hand Cyprus to Greece...

So, yay Turks!

Comment

Working...
                            X