Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early modern man in Asia - multiregional making a comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early modern man in Asia - multiregional making a comeback?

I would say probably not.

What I think has been going has probably been a out of East Africa movement, again and again and again with perhaps a few smaller other expansions of various human types from parts of Europe, Asia and West Africa.

I guess that puts in the weak out of Africa camp (basically everyone of note is a multiregionalist in a sense, since the 1-4% Neanderthal admixture in Eurasians has been made known, we're just haggling around the details of how oversimplified the old out of Africa model was, but nowhere near older multi-regional models with their million or half million year time-scales of separation).
    Last edited by Heraclitus; October 20, 2010, 18:54.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I highly doubt that we had multiple cases of humans evolving in different spots. That's just mathematically near impossible to have multiple cases of convergent evolution of near identical modern humans. Much more likely (by orders of magnitude) is that humans evolved in one location but earlier then we previous thought and that they spread out of Africa much earlier then we thought though there population likely remained rather small for a long time. The mitochondrial DNA and the diversity of the human gene pool in Africa still points to Africa being where modern humans evolved (that's why Africa has such a higher diversity of gene types and mitochondrial DNA types) where as other parts of the world were settled by small bands of humans and thus have much less genetic variety.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
    X