Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatnot

If A implies B, does not B imply not A?

If not knowing implies you answer, does not answering imply you know?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Been drinking again?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Indubitably.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

No and No
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Hatter opened his eyes very wide on hearing this; but all he SAID was, `Why is a raven like a writing-desk?'

`Come, we shall have some fun now!' thought Alice. `I'm glad they've begun asking riddles.--I believe I can guess that,' she added aloud.

`Do you mean that you think you can find out the answer to it?' said the March Hare.

`Exactly so,' said Alice.

`Then you should say what you mean,' the March Hare went on.

`I do,' Alice hastily replied; `at least--at least I mean what I say--that's the same thing, you know.'

`Not the same thing a bit!' said the Hatter. `You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

`You might just as well say,' added the March Hare, `that "I like what I get" is the same thing as "I get what I like"!'

`You might just as well say,' added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, `that "I breathe when I sleep" is the same thing as "I sleep when I breathe"!'

`It IS the same thing with you,' said the Hatter, and here the conversation dropped, and the party sat silent for a minute, while Alice thought over all she could remember about ravens and writing-desks, which wasn't much.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            No and No
            I suggest you learn the axioms of formal logic.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Does formal logic deal in implications in the first place? Or are you taking "implies" to mean "then?" Was that implied by the OP?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Either drinking or channelling Donald Rumsfeld. Or both...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post

Yes

It would require someone who actually answers every time he doesn't know, and doesn't have a choice, though.
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    Does formal logic deal in implications in the first place? Or are you taking "implies" to mean "then?" Was that implied by the OP?
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First-order_logic#Logical_symbols
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Comment

I was loling when I saw the name.

However, you should have posted something innocuous instead of something so blatant
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                          Either drinking or channelling Donald Rumsfeld. Or both...
                          A known unknown.

Comment

Worth the whole quote, I think.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Comment

Working...
                            X