Creepy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
    Have you searched for any poly peeps? It will recommend people you looked at profiles for and those with similar profiles.
    No, not before linkedin started suggesting them out of nowhere. That's what was so creepy.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I have never added anyone by searching on LinkedIn, so I think Ozzy that at some point (long ago) you must have done something that sent a request to me.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        We just had a thread about this, but with facebook.
        Wait a minute, people use facebook here? Where's the thread full of real names so I kill my afternoon with a tittillating stalkfest?
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Dude, everyone has facebook.

Comment

I shut mine down for a few months, but I reactivated it after deleting all personal info and restricting to friends only.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
              Dude, everyone has facebook.
              Oh please, you have to know at least a few of those hipster pr***s too cool to ever go with the flow from day one, even after the "fad" suddenly became a half-decade-old mainstay of modern social life. Or maybe you have friends who never went to college (as was the case for 95% of mine while I was in college) and thus had little inducement to sign up. Or maybe you don't know either group, because they're not on anyone's feed anymore...

Anyway my typing stupidly assumed prosody as usual; of course people who are here use Facebook, but I'd never guessed people use Facebook here, i.e. throw around real identities willy-nilly on the site (aside from meets of course).
              Last edited by Darius871; October 16, 2010, 15:14.
              Unbelievable!

Comment

My real name has been on my profile since I got here.
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Alby spams out my last name every other thread for reasons I can't quite figure out.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                    My real name has been on my profile since I got here.

I'll be damned, you do look like I'd guessed. I'd have thought Asher was more svelte though...
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

dp
                      Last edited by Darius871; October 16, 2010, 18:37.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Alby spams out my last name every other thread for reasons I can't quite figure out.

That's because he imagines "Mrs. Alpert" written before it.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                          I'll be damned, you do look like I'd guessed. I'd have thought Asher was more svelte though...
                          One question: how did you see my pic? I thought I'd disabled anybody but friends from seeing them.

EDIT: unless you mean via non-facebook sources, of course
                          Last edited by KrazyHorse; October 16, 2010, 16:32.
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                            That's because he imagines "Mrs. Alpert" written before it.
                            Goddamnit, I was thinking about making this exact joke.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

One question: how did you see my pic? I thought I'd disabled anybody but friends from seeing them.

Nothing beyond facebook; it shows your GS job, past schools, that photo with the 9-10 offsuit, and a list of all FB friends. AFAIK the only settings more secure would show a photo and friends listing with nothing more, but they change settings fairly often.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

RIP KH

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                                X