The WWII Fighting Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The WWII Fighting Game

No, it doesn't actually exist (that I know of), but I recall some Polytubby or other suggested such a thing in the past. If WWII were made into a brawling-type game like Tekken or Street Fighter, what would it be like?

My forecast, based on fairly rudimentary historical knowledge:

ROOSEVELT, in his giant military-industrial mechanical suit, dominates the game to the point that veteran players shun him. The developers, in a clumsy attempt to balance the character, make his best move (The Bomb) unusable until less than fifteen seconds are left on the timer, and give it a ridiculously long execution time to boot. People on message boards still refer disparagingly to "Nukefags."

HITLER is an agile character with powerful attacks but a tendency to overextend; lengthy animations mean that misses leave him open to retaliation. He is nonetheless picked by many for his Blitzkrieg electrical punch combo, Vengeance projectile, and other flashy favorites.

DE GAULLE (or whoever was in charge of France) is, unfortunately, rendered unplayable by a serious glitch that causes his "block" move to not work. While blocking, he still takes damage and, worse still, freezes in place for several seconds allowing the enemy multiple free hits. Numerous updates fail to fix the problem. Eventually his block is replaced altogether by the special "Le Resistence," which causes him to take full damage but at least inflicts a quarter as much damage back on the enemy.

STALIN, stomping into battle with hammer and sickle, has excellent defense and an abnormally high health bar. He favors close-quarters slugfests and finishes battles with his signature "five-year pain" suplex.

MUSSOLINI is one of those "third-tier" characters nobody ever plays as. His moves are vaguely like Hitler's, but weaker and slower.

TOJO, while effective, is still often scorned because his quick moves strike players as unfair and "cheap." His small size belies unexpectedly high staying power.

FRANCO. See MUSSOLINI.

I don't know anything about Chiang Kai-Shek, or whatever the preferred spelling these days is.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

What about Churchill?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1531129/posts

Comment

That is as old as the internet itself.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You must be a sad and miserable little man
          Last edited by Wiglaf; October 14, 2010, 00:24. Reason: Elok is a pizza flipper

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post

What about Churchill?
            Yeah, I realized I'd forgotten about Churchill as soon as I shut down my PC last night. Churchill...no matter how many punches he takes, he never gets knocked down. I'm not sure what else to say about him, though.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Just let him do the talking. It was the only thing he was good at.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
              X