Wild ride on the poop & slide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild ride on the poop & slide.

I feel sorry for the poor guy but I have to admit I laughed my ass off.

US worker swept a mile through sewer pipe is rescued

A US worker found after being swept more than a mile down a 27-inch sewer pipe has been treated for hypothermia and given antibiotics.
    Rescuers found Daniel Collins, 30, in a manhole under a golf course in Raymore in the state of Missouri on Tuesday.
    He had been working in a sewer when he somehow became unhooked from a safety line. About 90 minutes later, searchers heard him cry out.
    Described as "not totally coherent," Mr Collins was flown to hospital.
    Rescue worker Antonio Smith told KMBC television searchers had already found Mr Collins's flashlight.
    "He said, 'Guys, I'm down here, can you help me?'" Mr Smith said.
    "The guy was weak," he said. "He didn't have any more strength left in his body, travelling that distance under those circumstances."
    Mr Smith said Mr Collins told rescuers he needed a couple of weeks off work and hoped his wife would not be mad at him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11535142
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

British journalists write in a very odd style. Read that and tell me you would ever see an AP article written that way.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Brit journalists can be every bit as biased as yankee ones, dont you worry
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        British journalists write in a very odd style. Read that and tell me you would ever see an AP article written that way.
        The BBC website has its own style. Not all people, or organisations, from a given country (or even continent) behave in an identical way.

Comment

The unique way in which the BBC is funded means that it has a public duty to provide website news that does not alienate people unable to read paragraphs or long sentences.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's a fake.

Missouri still has outhouses.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
            X