SciFi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SciFi

After finishing BSG the final season some time ago I feel that my life has no meaning anymore, and worse, that I'm doomed watching Stargate or StarTrek reruns.

So is there anything cool (preferably space-themed, but that's not a must) scifi in the making or already airing on tv that is really good and that I should not miss? Remember, Germany is a wasteland tv-wise, so I have not much of an idea about shows from elsewhere.
    Blah

Caprica, of course.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Stargate Universe is OK.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Hm, doesn't sound that enthusiastic to me. I tried SGU when it began, but lost interest fast. Never saw anything of Caprica so far.
        Blah

Comment

Sci-Fi is **** these days.

Comment

Fringe is pretty good. Not space based, though.

Warehouse 13 (steampunk/sci-fi) is decent in a campy sort of way. Same with Eureka (urban sci-fi, if there were such a genre).

The Event sucks.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Whoops.
              Last edited by NoodleNaught; October 8, 2010, 17:10.

Comment

Let´s hope that Caprica will be shown soon...
                as for Fringe, I have to agree, it is shown in germany and I like it
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Didn't really like Caprica much. It had a great premise, but I rather feel that they stretched the storyline to milk the $$$s, which made it really slow and difficult to get into...

Perhaps the second series upped the pace.
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I prefer the slower pace actually.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Virtually all the characters were really annoying caricatures. I can't remember any of the main ones having any redeemable features that you would want to sympathise with. It just all seemed so contrived.
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

*obligatory Babylon 5 plug*
                        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                          Hm, doesn't sound that enthusiastic to me. I tried SGU when it began, but lost interest fast. Never saw anything of Caprica so far.
                          Well, that's the thing, the start of the first season was a bit meh, but it picked up the pace, and the episodes of season 2 thus far have been good. So, in average, OK, with some excellent episodes and some truly dreadful ones.
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

the state of scifi is worse than the economy right now. The last great scifi I saw was the star trek movie. although there are always good scifi books.
                            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Persons Unknown
                              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                              X