Banjo suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banjo suggestions?

I'm thinking about starting to play. Background: 11 years of classical violin, overlapping with 2-3 years of playing fiddle sporadically in various Irish bands.

I'm looking for reasonable value per dollar spent, but don't necessarily care too much about spending the least possible.

Any suggestions?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Simple question to answer before taking up the banjo:

Are you a redneck?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
      Simple question to answer before taking up the banjo:

Are you a redneck?
      Being a redneck for a week while on vacation feels awesome
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I can imagine now Slowwie and KH playing the banjo together on a porch.
          Quendelie axan!

Comment

Smoking corn cob pipes?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Among other things...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I didn't specify what was in the pipe.

Comment

Pipe is a metaphor.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I am curious about the reason for the choice of instrument.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Dueling banjos.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The definition of "Gentleman" is "A man who can play the banjo, but doesn't."
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Comment

Sorry KH, you aren't poor or stupid enough to play the banjo. NASCAR is also out for you.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

just be careful you don't snap your banjo string.
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X