The return of "Black Dynamite"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The return of "Black Dynamite"

First ballot "Best Movie You've Never Seen" Hall Of Fame inductee Black Dynamite will be returning as an Adult Swim cartoon in the near future:

I am so ****ing stoked about this.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

What's an adult swim cartoon anyway? Teach grown up how to do crawl? Or breaststroke?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think it's a cable network. I think it's a reference to how some pools at some point had hours where kids wouldn't be allowed in the pools and it became 'adult swim'. The Boondocks cartoon appears on it. And I think Afro Samurai was on it too.

Maybe it's like BET but with cartoons? I'm really not sure.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

No, Afro Samurai was on Spike, I think. Adult Swim is Cartoon Network's late-night grown-up cartoons program. It includes Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken, some Family Guy reruns, the Boondocks and a bunch of other stuff which appears to be utter crap. I only watch Venture Brothers, personally. I'd probably be more stoked about this if I'd seen "Black Dynamite."
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

i'm disappointed this thread is not about drake.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I've seen it. It was a hoot.

"I threw that before I came in!"
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Adult Swim is the nighttime programming bloc on the Cartoon Network.

Wikiness:
              Adult Swim, often stylized as [adult swim] also known as "Cartoon Network's [adult swim]", is an adult-oriented cable television network that shares channel space with Cartoon Network from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM ET/PT in the United States and broadcasts in countries such as Australia and New Zealand.[2] The network features animated shows, including original programming, syndicated shows, and Japanese anime, generally with minimal or no editing for content. The shows are geared toward an 18+ audience, in contrast to the pre-teen daytime programming on Cartoon Network.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                No, Afro Samurai was on Spike, I think. Adult Swim is Cartoon Network's late-night grown-up cartoons program. It includes Venture Brothers, Robot Chicken, some Family Guy reruns, the Boondocks and a bunch of other stuff which appears to be utter crap. I only watch Venture Brothers, personally. I'd probably be more stoked about this if I'd seen "Black Dynamite."
                I can not overestimate the haste you must take to rectify this situation. If you get Starz!, it may still be On Demand. If not, Netflix that **** yesterday.

Comment

Hmm...you said it's funny even if one has no familiarity with blaxploitation films? It'll be an effort, as our Netflix queue is currently quite heavy on my movies anyway. The wife just has the occasional BBC Jane Austen adaptation/weird anime/contrarian documentary scattered in with my dumb action flicks.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Yes, let's all celebrate the continuation of ludicrous stereotypes of the black man...

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      Hmm...you said it's funny even if one has no familiarity with blaxploitation films?
                      Quite so. Galnemer doesn't know Shaft from Superfly from Cleopatra Jones, and she laughed her ass off.

Comment

Working...
                      X