Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points and Laughs at London!

Tube strike causes commuter chaos across London

Travelling to work in London is a misery at the best of times, but when the tube is down, it's an absolute nightmare!

Sucks to be a Londoner...

I'd rather have my 10 min commute any day - and the irony is that I could work from home any day if I wanted to anyway...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

I don't use the tube at all to get to work.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Who cares - you can't get to Mornigton Cresent without the tubes
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The UK clearly sucks.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
          I don't use the tube at all to get to work.
          You're not a Londoner.

Do you get the train instead? My annual travel costs to work are £0.

Comment

Nothing? Can you tell me where you buy your shoes then. I have to buy a pair at least every six months.

Comment

MOBIUS is a prime example of a statistician, using the numbers that illustrate his point, but leaving out the other facts.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Nothing? Can you tell me where you buy your shoes then. I have to buy a pair at least every six months.
                OK, you got me there.

I have a cheap mountain bike I bought a couple of years ago, so I guess there's wear and tear on that as you imply. Though I only use it about half the time for commuting. I did bust my tyre going to work a few weeks back - that cost £5 to repair!

I think you need to be buying better quality shoes if you're wearing them out every six months!

Comment

Given the amount of walking I do, it's not surprising. Work shoes are designed for a sedantry life style, but I walk far too much in my job.

Comment

Sedantry rhymes with pedantry...

Just get some shoes designed for walking that look like work shoes, it's not rocket science...

Comment

Work shoes = trainers.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Yeah, me too!

Except I have to be suited and booted on Friday to attend a meeting.

Comment

Given the amount of walking I do, it's not surprising. Work shoes are designed for a sedantry life style, but I walk far too much in my job.
                          How is selling Watchtower working out for you nowadays?

I don't use trains and tubes to get to work. I fly there
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'd be surprised if you didn't run out of shoes every other week given the size of your carbon footprint...

Comment

The tube strike didn't bother me. I sometimes walk in anyway, and sometimes get the bus. In fact, the bus got in on record time, as it was full from the stop after I got on, and didn't stop again until Kings Cross.

Much better to laugh at somewhere like Cardiff which isn't even the capital of a real country and where nobody really wants to live anyway.

I remember when Asher was affected by a transport workers strike though. Priceless stuff - biggest internet whine in history. ;mad:

Comment

Working...
                              X