The new song covers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple of madonna covers

first sonic youth side project, ciccone youth doing into the groove(y)

ciccone youth - into the groovey

teenage fan club doing like a virgin

teenage fanclub - like a virgin
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

orchestral manoeuvres in the dark covering the velvet underground.

orchestral manoeuvres in the dark - waiting for the man

the velvet underground - i'm waiting for the man

the beta band with a weird and amazing take on bonnie tyler

the beta band - the hard one

bonnie tyler - total eclipse of the heart
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

[Heart's Barracuda]

[Rasputina's Barracuda]

[John Lennon's Imagine]

[A Perfect Circle's Imagine]
        I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
        [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I'm by no means a huge bluegrass fan, but I love the way these guys go after cover tunes.

The first one is specifically to offend Alby...

Hayseed Dixie - Walk This Way

But the one I really dig is their version of the Queen classic, "Bohemian Rhapsody"...

Oh, and here's their live version of Green Day's "Holiday" - performed on Top of The Pops, it appears...

They cover a lot of heavy metal, too. What's weird is that they are far more popular in the UK than in the US.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Stairway to Heaven in the style of the early Beatles... pretty amusing, and only 2:40.

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

hayseed dixie are awesome. i was due to go and see them a couple of years back at the pontardawe arts centre, but they had to cancel for some reason and i never got to the see them play.

did you see the bluegrass cover of iggy pop i posted earlier jrabbit?

nina gordon covering NWA.

nina gordon - straight outta compton

n.w.a. - straight outta compton

Comment

David Watts

Kinks

Jam

Comment

Heatwave

Martha & the Vandellas

The Jam

Obviously there are lots of others who have done it. Cracking song.

Comment

David Bowie: The man who sold the world

Nirvana: The man who sold the world
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

time to dig this one up.

the fall covering the other half

the fall - mr pharmacist

the other half - mr pharmacist

and here's a charming version of as i went out one morning by bob dylan from mira billotte

mira billotte - as i went out one morning

and dirty projectors' take on the same

dirty projectors - as i went out one morning

Comment

16 Horsepower covering Creedence Clearwater Revival

16 Horsepower covering Bob Dylan

Unbelievable!

Comment

damn server
                          Last edited by C0ckney; May 25, 2011, 19:03.

Comment

this isn't really a cover, but it's so obviously inspired by anne clark's sleeper in metropolis that i think it qualifies. it's like having a version to play in a dirty, sweaty, drug fuelled warehouse party. take a listen and see for yourselves.

phantasia - inner light

anne clark - sleeper in metropolis (for some reason the embed appears to be broken on this vid)

Comment

the song louie louie is universally known. it's a rock and roll standard and has been done literally hundreds of times, by everyone from the kinks, to the beach boys, to motorhead, to frank zappa. everybody knows the kingsmen's version from the early 60s, but the original by richard berry and the pharaohs is less well known. as this is the covers thread i will post my favourite version, a lovely and very different take from julie london.

julie london - louie louie

richard berry & the pharaohs - louie louie

Comment

here's the flaming lips doing a kylie cover.

the flaming lips - can't get you out of my head

Comment

Working...
                                X