Man Who Killed Himself On Harvard's Campus Left a 1,904 page suicide note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Who Killed Himself On Harvard's Campus Left a 1,904 page suicide note

The man who took his own life on Harvard's campus Saturday left a 1,904-page suicide note online.

According to the Harvard Crimson, Mitchell Heisman wrote "Suicide Note," posted at http://suicidenote.info, while living in an apartment near the school. The note is a "sprawling series of arguments that touch upon historical, religious and nihilist themes," his mother, Lonni Heisman, told the Crimson. She said her son would have wanted people to know about his work.

The complex note, divided into four parts, touches on Christianity, the Holocaust and social progress, among other topics, and mentions Harvard several times.

IvyGate calls the note "probing, deeply researched, and often humorous."

Heisman was 35 when he shot himself on the steps of Harvard's Memorial Church Saturday. He had a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of Albany. According to the Crimson, he worked in area bookstores and lived on inheritance from his father, who died when he was young.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_738121.html

The note itself.

http://www.suicidenote.info/

Wow.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

****ing ******
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I see the comments are all lauding and praising this guy... so I opened up his .pdf file and, on a hunch, decided to search for the word "Jews"

Whoah nelly that's a lot of references to Jews... I also saw a chapter headling entitled "Barack Obama: Super******" but it didn't take long to see something like this:

"Yet is the superior egalitarianism of Jews the most worthless or delusional kind of superiority possible? Are Jews leading the entire human race towards an evolutionary dead end? Are Jews, for the sake of their own biological survival, leading the human race as a whole towards rational evolutionary self-destruction?"

I'm amused but also disturbed that this guy's stuff is getting traction among these pseudo-intellectuals.
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I'm not surprised he lost the will to live after writing that...I did just beginning to read it.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In other news, Reggie Bush will not be giving back his copy of that pdf.

Comment

Sorry the guys dead, but tldr. Summary?
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Here are the titles:

Exordia:
              Freedom of Speech on Trial - How the Very Act of Repressing this Work Can Verify Its Freedom of Speech Hypothesis

An Experiment in Nihilism - What the hell happened to reason?

Part I:
              God is Technology
              -How the Singularity of Monotheism Transcended Biology and Primed the Technological Genesis of God

The Seditious Genius of the Spiritual Penis of Jesus
              -How Christianity’s Subversion of Kin Selective Altruism Evolved into the Modern Idea of Social Progress

Absolute Purity - The Secularization of Hell within the Desecration Machine of Auschwitz

Part II:
              A Vendetta Called Revolution
              -How Ethnic Hostility between Anglo-Saxons and the Normans Who Conquered Them Evolved into Liberal Democracy

Converse Cognates
              -Why the Norman Conquest was the World-Historical Ass-Kicking that Deflected the English-speaking World from the German Path to Nazism

Creating God and the Evolution of Genetic Suicide
              -Why Liberal Democracy Leads to the Rational Biological Self-Destruction of Humans and the Rational Technological Creation of God

Terminus:
              The Punchline

Background Research for an Experimental Elimination of Self-Preservation and other Biasing Biological Factors
              Selected Bibliography
              I've only skimmed Creating god and the Evolution of genetic suicide so far. Some of the titles are a bit provocative. He seems to have thought extensively about the upcoming likely technological singularity. He seems to in many paragraphs to support or echo Francis Fukuyama's prediction of how liberal democracy is threatened by the vast gulf of inequality that technology will soon create. Unlike Fukuyama he however sees this as a given and inevitable consequence of the sociobiological development of liberal democracy as the outgrowth of the Noramn conquests of England.

Edit:
              Also he paint an interesting picture of the effect of the Norman conquest on the Anglo-Saxon psyche, especially as it has nice explanatory power for the implosion of the British empire.
              Last edited by Heraclitus; September 26, 2010, 09:35.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                I see the comments are all lauding and praising this guy... so I opened up his .pdf file and, on a hunch, decided to search for the word "Jews"

Whoah nelly that's a lot of references to Jews... I also saw a chapter headling entitled "Barack Obama: Super******" but it didn't take long to see something like this:

"Yet is the superior egalitarianism of Jews the most worthless or delusional kind of superiority possible? Are Jews leading the entire human race towards an evolutionary dead end? Are Jews, for the sake of their own biological survival, leading the human race as a whole towards rational evolutionary self-destruction?"

I'm amused but also disturbed that this guy's stuff is getting traction among these pseudo-intellectuals.
                If there is anti-semitic content (I can't verify since I haven't read much), it must have been of the self loathnig variety. Heisman is supposed to have been Jewish.

Comment

This looks interesting
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Why do intellectuals have to be so ****ing long winded?

In seriousness: what a shame.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                      If there is anti-semitic content (I can't verify since I haven't read much), it must have been of the self loathnig variety. Heisman is supposed to have been Jewish.
                      It's not that's it necessarily anti-semitic, though it seems to be, it's that it's dumb... I haven't read anything but the titles and that paragraph but I can tell already what this is about... it's about the idea that liberal democracy arises from oppressed groups and their attempts to have egalitarianism to ensure their own survival (I don't buy the Anglo-Saxons being oppressed by the Normans... there was assimilation and the English march to liberalism had much more to do with the remnants of established egalitarian Anglo-Saxon institutions and the nature of the English economy as being dominated by trade and shepherding... not to mention the mere chance involved with Richard having been an expensive king and John having to recover from his financial mess). This egalitarianism results in a long-term weakening of the people in a Liberal Democracy... yawn.

I know what's happening here... cause the guy killed himself, people want to believe that his writings are the works of a troubled genius or something because it incites their romantic imagination... he's just a nut who could very well be the ultimate attention whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                        Why do intellectuals have to be so ****ing long winded?
                        That's how they appear to be smart.

Comment

Good riddance.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

well I support people who kill themselves before going on a rampage

if they leave 1904 page essay behind them, at least they have something to show after they are gone, so another
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

No wonder Hera is excited about this.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X