Ahmadinejad speech at UN nuclear conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmadinejad speech at UN nuclear conference

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

33 countries walked out, including the United States and every member of the European Union.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      33 countries walked out, including the United States and every member of the European Union.
      Yeah I know. The speech was of course self-serving, hypocritical,biased and filled with feel good buzzwords. However I don't quite see a major difference to for example speeches from US presidents. He even managed to squeeze in as many references to God and Jesus as Republicans do.

Also don't see what was that controversial about this. Comparing most of this to his comments on 911 and gays its weaksauce and even downright reasonable.
      Last edited by Heraclitus; September 25, 2010, 13:48.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Um, maybe it was the fact that he said that 9/11 was a government conspiracy and the holocaust was a lie?

By the way, I didn't watch the whole speech, because I didn't want my blood to boil, so I read a summary.
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Ah I didn't listen to the whole thing either. I guess I missed the 911 troll was right there.

Comment

Working...
          X