A Titanic Screw Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Titanic Screw Up

They steered into the iceberg, then they kept going instead of stopping.

ouch!

No. The helmsman corrected his mistake and then steered away but it was too late.

Regardless, this all sounds like bull**** and hearsay.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Had they turned the other way they would have missed it, I'd call that steering into the iceberg. And then it took the others crucial time to see what had happened. And to top it all off, the capt let some corporate clown talk him into ignoring the hole in the ship.

Comment

Ignore the hole? That's really sound advice.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

First reading I thought "what a pile of BS", but digging a bit :

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

well, he told the capt to keep moving and that allowed the water to rush in faster sinking the ship before help could arrive

apparently

Comment

they shouldn't have designed the watertight bulkheads in such an idiotic fashion in the first place.
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
              X