Mushrooms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushrooms!

Do people gather wild mushrooms in your country? Do you gather them yourself? What kind of mushrooms do you gather? What mushrooms are sold in the stores?
    Mushroom gathering is BIG in Russia. While fishing is a male-only pastime, mushroom gathering is a family-friendly one.
    Here's a incomplete list of commonly gathered mushrooms:
    Cep, Saffron Milk Cap, Lactarius resimus (that's the Big Three), Birch Bolete, Red-capped Scaber Stalk, Ugly Milk-cap (Wikipedia says it's inedible, WTF? It's ****ing awesome when pickled), Chanterelle, Suede Bolete, Suillus (the Second Six), Armillaria Mellea and various Russula (the plentiful two), and many others.
    Apart from these, other mushrooms are sold in the stores: Agaricus (THE mushroom for most of you, perhaps), Oyster mushroom and Shiitake, which is sold as Lactarius ().
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Shrooms!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Comment

I knew people here only eat mushrooms on their pizza or to get high...

Comment

We found some http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrell_Mushroom once.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Mushrooms

Attention to detail - have no more thus mushrooms no more for me.
            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
              I knew people here only eat mushrooms on their pizza or to get high...
              You can do both at the same time you know.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

The OP reads like a spam bot... but where is the link to click?

Comment

Fungus grows on a person when they don't clean themselves properly, on food when it goes bad, and on my shower when it gets nasty. Why on earth would I want to collect it or consume it?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I thought this was about nukes.

edit: Oh, and yeah I remember when I was a child our family did go gather mushrooms sometimes as some kind of "let's show our kids some real forest"-experience. Today I'm a lazy citiy-frakk sitting in front of computers mostly which also means I'm kinda scared about everything from nature...naahh, but if I want to eat them today I buy them in the market or go to the restaurant
                    Last edited by BeBMan; September 21, 2010, 10:16.
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                      The OP reads like a spam bot... but where is the link to click?
                      Sorry about that. http://www.old-men-young-mushrooms.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                        Fungus grows on a person when they don't clean themselves properly, on food when it goes bad, and on my shower when it gets nasty. Why on earth would I want to collect it or consume it?
                        Slobs don't deserve to eat delicious mushrooms.

Comment

Most common mushrooms collected in Austria are Cep/Boletus edulis, Cantharellus, and Parasol/Macrolepiota. Most people won't dare to take many others.

Other rather common ly collected mushrooms are Champignons; Honey Fungus; edible Russellae; Saffron Milk-cap (Lactarius deliciosus) and related Lactariae; Lactarius volemus; Kuehneromyces mutabilis (I don't dare to collect these); Morrells; Birch Bolete; Boletus erythropus; Amanita rubescens

The more daring also collect Boletus luridus, just don't combine it with alcohol...
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            Mushroom gathering is BIG in Russia.
                            Probably for the same reason alcoholism is big in Russia.
                            ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                            ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

If you see one of these....

...don't eat it. Seriously- don't eat it.

Don't eat this either...

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                              X