• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any Israelis explain this one?

Very random but here's some overseas titles for Diff'rent Strokes:

Country Show Title
    Spain Arnold
    Belgium Arnold (70-80's on Flemish state television BRT)
    Diff'rent Strokes (2009-2010 on Flemish commercial television VTM)
    France Arnold et Willy (Arnold and Willy)
    Venezuela Arnold el travieso (Arnold the Mischievous One)
    Argentina Blanco y Negro (White and Black)
    Mexico Blanco y Negro (White and Black)
    Guatemala Blanco y Negro (White and Black)
    Costa Rica Blanco y Negro (White and Black)
    Italy Harlem contro Manhattan (Harlem v. Manhattan) (1980-81)
    Il mio Amico Arnold (My Friend Arnold) (1981-1986)
    Arnold (after 1988)
    Brazil Minha Família é uma Bagunça (My Family is a Mess) (2006-2007) - Nickelodeon
    Arnold (2009-present) - SBT
    Japan アーノルド坊やは人気者 (Anorudo boya wa ninkimono, Little Boy Arnold is Popular)
    Taiwan 小淘氣 (Little Rascal)
    Israel על טעם ועל ריח (About Taste and Smell)
    Germany Noch Fragen Arnold? (Any More Questions Arnold?)

A lot of them are retarded but you kind of expect Japan to make a bizarre title... but Israel? What the ****? Any Israelis able to explain that?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Al B...
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Your'e an american eating at McD not knowing how real food tastes and smells

Sorry, Im not israeli, but the answer is as said pretty obvious.

Edit: same goes for sex
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        Your'e an american eating at McD not knowing how real food tastes and smells

Sorry, Im not israeli, but the answer is as said pretty obvious.

Edit: same goes for sex
        Learn English, you Danish *obscenity*! I have no idea what you just said. It doesn't make any sense.
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

What he's saying is very clear. An unhealthy American hogging down crap at McDonald's and wouldn't know good food if it bit him on his fat ass.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            What he's saying is very clear. An unhealthy American hogging down crap at McDonald's and wouldn't know good food if it bit him on his fat ass.
            What does that have to do with Diff'rent Strokes?

Comment

The perception is that this is part of the "different strokes for different folks" expression. The same proverb in hebrew goes: "noone should argue about taste and smell", marking this as some sort of area where a disagreement is natural and there is no right answer.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

So, basically the Israelis are about the only country to have actually made an effort to translate the meaning behind the title...

Pretty obvious, Al.
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                X