Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About to start a Comp Sci MSc - should I choose C++ or Java?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My problem with Boost is that I have a hard time debugging problems due to generally only finding a couple mentions of a particular command online.

Probably I should get a book on it.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
      What exactly is Boost? At VCT the C++ programmers (that is, most of the programming team) talked about Boost a lot, and I'm getting the feeling it's what makes C++ a usable language.

One of the guys said something about it getting added to the formal C++ standard.
      boost.org

It's a very, very well-designed library that makes life a lot easier. It's so well written many parts of it are being folded in the new C++ standards.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

From a purely job market point of view, I'd agree with Asher that Java is probably your best bet for the reasons he laid out.

But SP is right that C++ is a lot more fun.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
        X