Man Blows Himself Up Trying To Kill Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Blows Himself Up Trying To Kill Spider

WHEN his wife screamed there was a spider in the house, Chris Welding sprang to her defence, nearly killing himself in the process.

The IT engineer chased the spider into their bathroom in Clacton, Essex, England.

Wielding a flammable aerosol can, he sprayed the spider as it cowered behind the toilet pan and then lit a cigarette lighter to see if he had killed it.

However, the flame ignited the gas and caused a massive explosion blow Mr Welding off his feet and into the hall, causing severe burns, and lifting the loft door off its hinges. ...

A fire brigade spokesman said firemen found no evidence of the spider, dead or alive.

"We're not entirely sure whether the spider got away or not but there was no sign of it at the scene," said the Essex Fire Service spokesman.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Is killing a spider with a shoe or magazine too old-fashioned??
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

So close to becoming a Darwin award contender.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:40.
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Why are British women so afraid of spiders?
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

household cleaner, especially bleach, kills the crap out of bugs. They move so slow when they're covered in the stuff and eventually die.
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
              Is killing a spider with a shoe or magazine too old-fashioned??
              I had a cracking shot just before bed last night with a daddy long legs. I swung a flip flop and batted its abdomen clean off its thorax and the top half slowly fell to the floor. Certainly shut the bastard up, I couldn't have done with that thing buzzing around my face all night.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:38.
                Order of the Fly

Comment

It's a crane fly you idiot and they do not eat mosquitoes.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:38.
                    Order of the Fly

Comment

This is coming from the grammar and spelling expert AAHZ, folks. It carries weight.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Same thing, only identified differently.

Crane Fly

Numerous other common names have been applied to the crane fly, many of them more or less regional, including mosquito hawk, mosquito eater (or skeeter ...
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Thanks, loin.
                          Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

“...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

I think that gentleman will be hearing from the esteemed members of Dethklok.

Postia ante deletia.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X