The Future, and Good Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future, and Good Music

Check out Arcade Fire's new interactive HTML5 music experience, “The Wilderness Downtown”.

Check it out. You should be using Google Chrome (perhaps Firefox will work as well? Haven't tried it -- Chrome is recommended).

Make sure you watch it all the way through for all of the cool parts. This is 100% HTML5/CSS/JS, no Flash or plugins or anything else.

Brilliant marketing as well.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

This is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life. Holy crap!!

& Arcade Fire
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That's cool.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm not downloading chrome just to watch some stupid movie. Browser wars
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Not just a movie.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'm also told it works in Safari 5 (on Mac at least) and it 99% works in the Firefox 4 betas, with a couple minor glitches and hitches.

It probably works in the IE9 dev preview also, but I've not tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              I'm not downloading chrome just to watch some stupid movie. Browser wars
              Download it because it's the best/fastest browser currently available then.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

apparently my connection is too slow for to see the future of the internet
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Israel has no google streetview, and so does the town I was born in ( yay 3rd world.)
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

It "works" on Firefox, but is incredibly laggy. It's pegging one of my cores and is stuttering. I've got a Core i7 920, so I don't think it's my CPU's fault...

Comment

I did it, but don't see what all the fuss is about. Kinda neat, but nothing exceptional.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

until you read "This is 100% HTML5/CSS/JS, no Flash or plugins or anything else.", in which case it's ****ing fantastic.

Comment

meh.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                            until you read "This is 100% HTML5/CSS/JS, no Flash or plugins or anything else.", in which case it's ****ing fantastic.
                            Indeed.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

This worked terribly for me. I lived in an apartment building on the side of a 12-lane highway. It looks ****ing retarded that this guy is running along a freaking highway and then just pauses in the middle of the road and looks around.

It also got my address wrong. It showed the building NEXT to my address.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                              X