Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to bet if they are guilty?

I have a tip...PM me and we can talk.

Three Pakistan cricketers are quizzed by police over alleged involvement in a betting scam, as the man at the centre of the allegations is bailed without charge.

Three Pakistan cricket players have been questioned by police over claims they were involved in a betting scam, the team manager has said.

Yawar Saeed said cricket was not "institutionally corrupt" in Pakistan, and the claims were unproven.

etc.

Pakistan is as infamous for corruption as Nigeria is for scams. It's amost a joke to say otherwise.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Orf with their heads!
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Sounds like a sucker bet to me.

I don't follow cricket, how common are "no-balls" normally?
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Why is this not in the Sports Forum?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

1 in 200 deliveries if you are English or Australian. 1 in 60 if you are Pakistani.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Because it's just not cricket.

Comment

Because this bleak and desolate place, bereft of any interesting topics, needs something worthwhile in it. Although fairplay to C0ckney - his thread was good.

Comment

It is also, as Dauphin alluded to, about more than just cricket.

Comment

Cricket sucks... it's like a dumb version of baseball which sucks as is. And it's even ****ing longer than baseball which is unfathomable! I mean really? Games that last for days?! With lunch breaks?! What is this?!
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                    Because it's just not cricket.
                    I assume you mean "Because it's not just cricket," my English friend. So what else is it? A possibly BNP-inspired discussion on the corruption of Pakis?

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin View Post
                      1 in 200 deliveries if you are English or Australian. 1 in 60 if you are Pakistani.
                      So the odds of getting 3 no-balls in one game are pretty low.

Sounds like guilty to me.
                      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I assume you mean "Because it's not just cricket," my English friend. So what else is it? A possibly BNP-inspired discussion on the corruption of Pakis?
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_Just_Not_Cricket
                        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7955406.stm
                        http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/cricket/icc-its-just-not-cricket-as-john-howard-stumped/story-e6frepmo-1225886849902

etc

Learn English/Australian idioms.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                          So the odds of getting 3 no-balls in one game are pretty low.

Sounds like guilty to me.
                          Quite high odds, most games have several hundred deliveries. It's a question of when they occur.

Comment

Cricket sucks... it's like a dumb version of baseball which sucks as is. And it's even ****ing longer than baseball which is unfathomable! I mean really? Games that last for days?! With lunch breaks?! What is this?!
                            The best bit about Test Cricket is that you can play for five days and not get a result. This was specially designed to piss off clueless, impatient American phucktards who insist on weighing in with their utterly pointless opinions on sports which have no interest or relevance to them, and which are absolutely none of their business.

Comment

Does he think games that last for days without meal breaks would be better?
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X