Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest evidence of arrows revealed

Oooooooooooo.

Researchers in South Africa have revealed the earliest direct evidence of human-made arrows.

64,000 years old. My own preferred theory is that developments such as arrows were a post-Toba invention resulting from changes to the brain's architecture as a result of inbreeding. If they keep pushing the dates back, I'll have to rethink it.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

So when did they start using bows to shoot them
    Blah

Comment

Bows were a later development. The earliest arrows were actually expelled rectally, as demonstrated by the traces of a primitive form of Astroglide detected on the arrowheads.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

64k years, one would think that discovery of such an advanced tool would give the owners significant advantage over the rest of the world, both human and animal... this is almost double what was found previously... shouldn't it have lead to "more organized" communities a wee bit earlier than 50k years later...
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

which reminds me of
          a move from 64k to 640k felt like something that would last a great deal of time. Well, it didn't - it took about only 6 years before people started to see that as a real problem.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

This isn't possible. Everyone knows they had to research Hunting before discovering Archery, and that couldn't happen until their first city was founded in 4000 B.C.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
              This isn't possible. Everyone knows they had to research Hunting before discovering Archery, and that couldn't happen until their first city was founded in 4000 B.C.
              QFT. I call BS.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Maybe they were an AI civ on Monarch difficulty or above. Then they started with archery.

Comment

Divine intervention. They used worldbuilder.

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 22, 2010, 20:12.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

lol idiot post

Comment

Working...
                      X