Who is the dumbass who did this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actors have all moved on anyway.
    Yes, showing the episodes out of order was a major mistake. In my area at the time FOX had a really pathetic transmitter, and even with cable it was barely watcheable.

They only killed off Wash and the Shepherd. The actor who played the Shepherd was dying of cancer anyway.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      Well.... Whedon is known for killing off main characters. He even killed off Buffy for a whole season, IIRC!
      Actually, he killed her twice, but she came back quickly each time.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
        The actors have all moved on anyway.
        Castle
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
          Easy. Most networks realized that a space western with quirky dialogue would be a niche program in the ratings, at best.
          that's why most of the good stuff is made in UK, like the IT crowd
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Firefly was good, but Deadwood kicked its ass. But it ended on a damn cliffhanger.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

Why do people cancel the good stuff and spew out **** like Lost instead...!?

For the same reason B5 had such a hard time of it.

**** sells to the stupid masses. Quality doesn't.
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Time for a little threadjacking...

I never watched B5, but I am interested now. I looked up B5 on Amazon and saw all kinds of stuff there. If I were to start watching this show, where/what would be the best place to start?
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                  Time for a little threadjacking...

I never watched B5, but I am interested now. I looked up B5 on Amazon and saw all kinds of stuff there. If I were to start watching this show, where/what would be the best place to start?

Start with season 1 (NOT the pilot episode) then watch the seasons in order. Way too many spoilers to watch it out of order.

It starts a little slow, but by season 2 you will be hooked.

Enjoy.
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                      Start with season 1 (NOT the pilot episode) then watch the seasons in order. Way too many spoilers to watch it out of order.

It starts a little slow, but by season 2 you will be hooked.

Enjoy.
                      When it first came out, I watched the pilot. I thought it was kinda dumb, so I didn't watch the show. Now, it's been so long, I don't remember the pilot other than I thought it was kinda dumb. Why shouldn't I watch the pilot again?
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal View Post
                        When it first came out, I watched the pilot. I thought it was kinda dumb, so I didn't watch the show. Now, it's been so long, I don't remember the pilot other than I thought it was kinda dumb. Why shouldn't I watch the pilot again?
                        The pilot is the worst episode of the entire 5 seasons. I watched it when it first came out and it turned me off the series. Trust me, the rest of it is much much better.

Comment

You can watch it on demand on Netflix - they used to have the first two seasons on Hulu, but they have been removed. The Wb website has season 1.

The thing with B5 is that you do have to watch it in sequence because there are things that happen in season 1 that are still crucial points several seasons later, so its important to stick through the early character development and relative crude effects and sets.
                          If you don't like reality, change it! me
                          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

StarGate Better than all this other crap. I haven't watched it in years though. I heard there's a new spin-off, too, and a bunch of direct-to-DVD movies. I watched up until the start of the last season of SG-1 (when the Ori came) and the start of whatever season of Atlantis that was (2nd or 3rd).
                            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                            X