• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Babysitting!

Let's see how she likes this one.

Parents advertise free babysitting from Southlake teen who broke curfew

Associated Press

Posted on August 20, 2010 at 10:25 AM

SOUTHLAKE -- A newspaper advertisement offers free baby-sitting by a Fort Worth-are teenager who violated an 11 p.m. curfew set by her family.

The recent ad on behalf of 16-year-old Kirstin Rausch of Southlake says: "Want a FREE BABYSITTER for a night out?" It provides the girl's name, says she's in trouble for missing her curfew and offers 30 hours of free baby-sitting as her punishment.

Robert Rausch says the ad is meant to teach his daughter a lesson and also help others.

The girl says she probably won't violate curfew again or throw any more late-night parties, which got her in trouble in the first place.

In this Aug. 10, 2010 photo, Southlake, Texas resident Kirstin Rauch, 16, shows an ad her father placed in The Southlake Journal offering free babysitting as a punishment for missing her curfew. Robert Rausch placed an advertisement offering his daughter's free baby-sitting services in the community newspaper in Southlake, a wealthy suburb of Dallas-Fort Worth that is home to business leaders and professional athletes. (AP Photo/The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian McCandless)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Not sure I'd want my kids minded by someone unpaid and only doing it as a punishment.....
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Indeed. That sounds like a very bad idea.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I don't think there's much to worry about really.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

She got curfewed for having a party?!
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Evidently it was supposed to end at a certain time, Einstein.

Comment

Working...
            X