Turkish wedding goes off with a bang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish wedding goes off with a bang.

(CNN) -- Three family members at a wedding in Turkey have been accidentally shot dead by the groom firing an AK-47 rifle in celebration.

The groom, Tevfik Altin, lost control of his rifle, spraying the guests with bullets and killing his father and two aunts and injuring six others, according to CNN Turk.

It reported that Altin had been arrested after the incident in the village of Akcagoze in southeastern Turkey. Guns are often fired into the air in celebration in some parts of Turkey.

One family member, who did not give his name, told CNN: "It happened very quickly. We all tried to take cover and there was blood all over. We are all very sad right now."

The injured guests included three children aged 10, 12 and 16, according to CNN Turk.

The Sehitkamil State hospital where some of the injured were brought confirmed it has one patient still in the hospital.
    Three family members at a wedding in Turkey have been accidentally shot dead by the groom firing an AK-47 rifle in celebration.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I wonder if it happened like this?

or like this:

People are WAAAAAY too comfortable with guns in the Middle East.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

That second one is awesome. "Dur!! Let's hand a loaded gun to a 3 year old!"

Comment

Now now, don't diss, this is their culture. The AK-47 dates back centuries, you know.

Comment

Lest any of you think this is a Middle Eastern thing only... the Irish did it all the time...

It was also customary to salute the bride and groom by firing guns in the air outside the church.
          This website is for sale! dinsdoc.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, dinsdoc.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The privileged Protestants had been in Ireland the only subjects permitted to carry or discharge firearms, and they ostentatiously paraded, at every celebration or festivity, their franchised condition by frequent volleys of blank cartridges. Their descendants kept up the same noisy custom in the new land, and the firing of guns formed a large part of a wedding celebration.
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Personally, I think firing a gun to celebrate is retarded as what goes up must come down and it won't make for much of a celebration when the bullet comes down and kills a kid. That said, if you're in a rural area and are reasonably careful so that you maintain control of the weapon it isn't horribly risky. The problem is so many people are retards who can't control where the weapon is pointed or, like the idiot in the 2nd video, had it to children who have no business holding a loaded firearm. That dumb **** deserved to be shot for his stupidity.

Comment

Darwinism in action.

The NRA needs to start lobbying for legalising the right to bear arms for 3 year old in the US - the yanks just aren't killing each other enough with their current laws...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

less died than when Americans bomb the wedding parties in Afghanistan
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

You can't blame them from helping the locals celebrate - they're just a bit clumsy is all...
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

The funny thing the Italians do is they seem to let off a lot of fireworks during the daytime when you can't see the damn things They don't seem to go around shooting one another though. Well, excluding the Mafia
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X