X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Please enjoy the music while your party is reached."

No.

Absolutely not.

And if any of you mother****ers has a cell phone that uses that feature when someone calls you, **** you right in the ear.

I get this at least once or twice every time I'm on call and I have to call a parent back, and without fail, it is followed by some absolutely terrible techno-pop or country-screech or gangsta-rap.

This trend Must. Be. Stopped.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

It would make sense to play a tune that was on your own phone while you wait
    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I once heard someone who had a stand-up comedy routine on their call waiting thing. I couldn't tell who it was but it sounded like Katt Williams. That was different, to say the least.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I had recieved this, the other day, while calling some woman.
        A recording of a man saying something like this, using a stereotypical "low sexy voice"
        "Hey, how are you. How many times have I told Dana to turn off the phone while we are together. She gets rather rowdy, and I do not want us to be interrupted. well, I guess she cannot speak to you right now. So leave her a message."

It then goes to voice mail.

This is her work phone.

She is a 45-yo lab manager.

WTF?
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'd report this to her supervisors and get her fired.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Why on earth would I do this to a prospective client/DMU?
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
              No.

Absolutely not.

And if any of you mother****ers has a cell phone that uses that feature when someone calls you, **** you right in the ear.

I get this at least once or twice every time I'm on call and I have to call a parent back, and without fail, it is followed by some absolutely terrible techno-pop or country-screech or gangsta-rap.

This trend Must. Be. Stopped.
              My sister-in-law has "My Heart Will Go On" and my father-in-law "Go West". Sometimes it sucks having married into a proletarian family.
              OTOH, my father-in-law's ring melody is the Soviet anthem.
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Az View Post
                Why on earth would I do this to a prospective client/DMU?
                So you can help someone who likes you get her position instead. Jeez, does no one else here apply US foreign policy to office politics?
                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  So you can help someone who likes you get her position instead. Jeez, does no one else here apply US foreign policy to office politics?
                  US set precedent or not, its still a dick move
                  Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; January 3, 2011, 01:15.
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                      This will end horribly for the person who does.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Got one of these just yesterday when I tried to call someone back. Annoying as all hell.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X