Hey, have you been working out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find 1RM on deadlift... got to 315lbs

Then "Death by Deadlifts and Box Jumps": With a continuously running clock, do 1 deadlift and then 1 box jump on the first minute, 2 deadlifts and 2 box jumps on the second minute, 3 each on the third, and so on... When athlete can no longer complete the designated reps of both exercises in the time allotted, the workout is terminated.

I did it with 185lb deads and ~18-20 inch box. Completed 8 total rounds plus 6 deadlifts.

I dropped to weighing 210. It's amazing how the introduction of just the smallest bit of cardio the past week led to a sudden dropping of 10lbs. My strength didn't drop any, judging by the fact that my deadlift 1RM stayed the same. My goal is to stay just above 200 though since I think that'll be a good size.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• So this is probably mute, but could use some advice on what is better (note in the following running = jogging at a ~6mph pace).

So I had my bike stolen from me 5-6 weeks ago. Since than I have been running to and from work several times a week. I do >21 miles a week, never more than 3 miles in a single go. I have completely stopped running at the gym though (which wasn't ever that much). But I also sometimes take the bus now.

So I guess I am comparing running 1-2 times a day most days for ~3 miles to biking 2 times a day (3 miles, so relaxed biking) and then doing some more intense cardio at the gym 2-3 times per week (OK, so I was normally doing it 1-2 times a week). I know that since I started running, my stamina has increased ( the first week I was tired of running after the first time, and didn't do the full 4.6 km every time).

The reason why it is probably mute is we got a good snow fall Tuesday. I ran Tuesday night, Wednesday morning, and Wednesday afternoon (things to do). My feet were wet most of Wednesday... I took the bus Wednesday night, this morning, and will in another hour. I don't like having wet shoes for the whole day after running in the morning (and after the robbery am nervous about running too late at night). Running on packed snow isn't bad, it is the wet snow and ice that sucks.

Oh, and I have been lifting still. Back Friday, Chest Sunday, Back Tuesday, Chest+Shoulders today. Just usual amount of weights (maybe a bit less). Also did some legs/core on those days too (listed what I did 3 exercises of). My back was sore Tuesday night, but fine Wednesday. My chest was sore until today though... is soreness a good way to tell you did a good workout? Also, I think I am over 190lbs for the first time since I started working out 4 years ago .

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Soreness doesn't mean much. You can get sore from flailing your arms around for 20 minutes straight but that doesn't mean you did anything productive. You could also do productive lifts every workout and get significantly stronger but never get sore once.

Don't measure the effectiveness of a workout by how sore you get. Measure it by changes in body composition, weight on the bar, time to do certain activities, etc.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Yeah, but those things never change for the better really.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Soreness is the result of your muscles being torn from overexertion. Afterward, they will heal and become stronger. This is why emos are so buff.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Can anyone recommend some good strength building exercises that don't require the use of equipment? Just something to hold me over until I'm interested enough to start using a gym again. I'm seriously tired of going to my gym and doing my routine there and my membership will be over. Don't really want to buy any weights either. Right now I'm just doing pull-ups, sit-ups, pushups, and various outdoor bull**** like baseball, football, and hiking. All I own at home is a pull-up bar and pair of 10 pound dumbbells.

Comment

• What is the sex position that burns most calories?
                I need a foot massage

Comment

• Depends on the chick really. If she's petite, then any position that you are carying a part of her weight.

Not the best choice of threads to ask this question, btw.

Anyway, I have rather abandoned this thread. Update: still hitting the gym 4-6 times a week, steel eating healthy, still getting leaner and meaner, but alas, not that much stronger. I was at the Dillinger Escape Plan concert this friday, and some guys moshed the **** out of my rediscovered athletic body. :/
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                  X