Is this movie scene beautiful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this movie scene beautiful?

Inspired by the 21st century movies thread.

Gore Warning.

Yes
    37.50%
    No
    62.50%
    Don't know
    0.00%
    Last edited by Meticulous Man; August 11, 2010, 08:27.

I don't think it was meant to be beautiful... But its a cool scene.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I remember almost having been moved to tears by this scene when I saw the movie for the first time. It is one of the most memorable scenes in the series - and certainly has an aesthetic appeal on some level, despite (because?) of the hyperbolic violence.

Some quotes from YouTube:

I almost cried the first time I saw this scene. Whoever made this is a genious!
      i almost cried first watching this. terrible.
      one of the most beautiful and epically awesome scenes ever. love it
      this is the best episode in the series..
      god i think i cried.
      This was really well done
      Last edited by Meticulous Man; August 11, 2010, 08:44.

Comment

You and all those people are ****ing psychos.

I got bored of it real quick (I'll admit; I had zero interest in this to begin with) so I just skipped to some random parts. Looks like Boondocks style animation and an absurd amount of blood.

You're a ****ing psycho.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Some of us can't access Youtube, but from Alpert's comments I take it you're referring to the animated scene?

It's a good scene, but I can't imagine crying over it.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'll undo the taint of this thread with an actual tear jerker of a scene:

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Call me a cynic, but that isn't beautiful either.

This is coming from someone who has been easily moved to tears by films before (a proper wuss), but the animation wasn't even that well done - there are loads of better examples, and I really didn't care about the annoying Italian kid. Maybe if I'd sat through the whole schmaltzy story then I might care, but three minutes apropos of nothing just didn't do it for me.

Right, I'm off to play keepie-up with some kittens or whatever insensitive goons do these days. Feel free to come up with something more worthy of my admiration/tears.

Comment

Some of us can't access Youtube, but from Alpert's comments I take it you're referring to the animated scene?
                Yeah, an episode of Tom and Jerry.
                Last edited by Meticulous Man; August 11, 2010, 08:28.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                  Call me a cynic, but that isn't beautiful either.

This is coming from someone who has been easily moved to tears by films before (a proper wuss), but the animation wasn't even that well done - there are loads of better examples, and I really didn't care about the annoying Italian kid. Maybe if I'd sat through the whole schmaltzy story then I might care, but three minutes apropos of nothing just didn't do it for me.

Right, I'm off to play keepie-up with some kittens or whatever insensitive goons do these days. Feel free to come up with something more worthy of my admiration/tears.
                  Yeah it probably has no effect if you didn't watch the whole movie. The reference to a thousand points is a lot less hard hitting if you didn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aivo½so View Post
                    Yes, the Japanese-style animated scene from vol 1.
                    Best chapter in Kill Bill vol 1.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Neither scene was beautiful. This is beautiful:
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

(embedding disabled)
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Has anyone actually watched La vita e bella?

There is no way that if you actually watched that movie that you wouldn't tear up at the ending.

Comment

Someone is going to see this thread and immediately post the final scene of the Futurama episode with Fry's dog. Someone whose name begins with "G" and may end with "uynemer."
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The Beeb has this list of 20 films that make men cry on its website, and I can't agree with most of them, but La vita e bella is on there (they're not in order of cryfulness).

Mind you, I had to laugh at the bloke who said he cried when Michael Caine's beautiful cars were crushed in The Italian Job.

Comment

Sad news everybody!

Anyone want medical advice?
                              [/Guynemer]

Comment

Working...
                              X