Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend me printer, copier, faxer, scanner solution for home office

Need office equipment for home office.

1. Should I buy individual equipment or some combined thingie. I have reasonable space availability.

2. Not really clear on what sort of tradeoff in price versus quality to think of. I'm fine for cash, but am hesitant to dump a lot of money in infrastructure (for a consulting business). Also, I'm unclear the tradeoff in quality of output and/or uptime or repair or lifetime for this sort of stuff. Is it the sort of thing better off going in cheap and just getting something or get quality? Usage would not be too high volume (although sometimes, I like to run off a few copies of a document. And I really scan long pdfs better hard copy than on the net, so to save my eyes, I'm kind of a"print then read guy".

2.5 How much total spend should I think of dumping in this?

3. Color? I do find myself needing to print Powerpoints occasionaly.

4. There is a Kinkos near me and they have the availibility to provide these services, but it becomes a hassle to go there for every fax or scanning a reciept or the like. Obviously can use them for printing stuff in a comb binder or the like!

5. Who to buy from? Should I go to a Best Buy or an Office Max type place? Over phone or just buy and take home? how about Dell? (My computers are always from them, and I'm really not crazy about them, but there is a lot of "evil I know" comfort that I have in dealing twith them).

----

Want to get all this stuff ordered this weekend, btw.

Kitty?? Kelley?

I'm thinking a B&W laser printer as a workhorse and then a color/scan/fax/copy. Makes sense? Am told HP is best? 400 total?

Comment

Comment

Working...
      X