Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Shows: they Suck

But parodies of them do not. Observe:

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Australians talk funny.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Re: thread title. this is not news. I never understood the reality show craze.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

What the heck has the first clip got to do with reality shows?

Comment

the videos relate to the thrade title perfectly IMO and I don't understand how it would be difficult to figure out.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Aren't they ripping off a Sportscenter commercial?
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
              The videos relate to the thread title perfectly IMO and I don't understand how it would be difficult to figure out.
              Masterchef is a reality show, but sports shows aren't.

Or do they have a regular slot on Sunday Night Football where Al Michaels has to sit with a know-nothing member of the public and discuss the most important plays of the day?

Comment

It was done during the World Cup as a send up of the World Cup. I guess they ran out of material and started bagging Masterchef.
                "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

The first clip is ripping off a Sportcenter commercial. I'm positive on this but I can't find the particular commercial on youtube. There are like dozens of Sportscenter commercials.

Comment

Has there ever been a competitive reality show where nobody ever said "step it up"?
                    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
                      It was done during the World Cup as a send up of the World Cup. I guess they ran out of material and started bagging Masterchef.
                      I realise that, but the World Cup, and none of the related shows are 'reality', are they? All contributors are well paid for their opinions, however terrible they may be.

On Sky Sports in the Yookay, we have the option of watching the game with Fanzone, whereby two passionate supporters of the competing teams commentate on the games (and remorselessly take the piss out of one another), but at least they know their stuff. This isn't reality telly either.

Reality tv sports would be me commentating on the NBA, about which I know the rules of the game well because I used to play years ago, but have no idea about the teams or players. I could have a scarcely competent go at NFL, but NHL would leave me lost, not to mention Aussie Rules or a huge number of other sports I don't follow. That would be reality sports tv, but this isn't. They're comedians, not members of the public. AAHZ, once again, has no idea what he's on about.

Damn, why didn't I just post "AAHZ post - ergo nonsense", instead of all this. I will next time.

Comment

Order of the Fly
                        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                        X