So what's this baby's IQ going to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what's this baby's IQ going to be?

Examiner has transformed into a major player in financial news. Think stocks, crypto, banks - if it's about money, it's on Examiner.com.

Black couple has blonde, blue-eyed baby girl, experts offer varying theories (video)

Her mother is calling the blonde, blue-eyed baby girl a “miracle,” but is still confused about “what on earth happened here.” The infant girl, Nmachi, was recently born to two Nigerian immigrant parents at a London hospital.

Her father, Ben Ihegboro said when Nmachi was born, “The first thing I said was, ‘What the flip?’” He noted that he and his wife, Angela Ihegboro “just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages—not saying anything.”

UK tabloid The Sun reports that Ben has no doubts that his wife was true to him and said of Nmachi, “Of course she is mine… Even if she [Angela] hadn’t been [faithful], the baby still wouldn’t look like that.”

Genetic experts are baffled by the baby’s appearance, and have offered different theories regarding her pigmentation, but have not ruled out albinism, according to the BBC.

One theory put forth asserts that the baby’s coloring may be the result of a genetic mutation that is unique only to her. Another possible explanation is that Ben and Angela have carried long dormant Caucasian DNA that has now been passed on to Nmachi—which could have been in their family for generations.

Bryan Sykes, Professor of Human Genetics at the University of Oxford told the BBC “We are all of us genetic mixtures to some extent and occasionally you’ll have a convergence of the pale versions of these genes in African Americans and African Caribbeans who have a mixed black and white ancestry.”

He added, “But that doesn’t seem to be the case here. The parents are Nigerians with little known white ancestry at all.” Sykes believe that Nmachi’s complexion is a genetic mutation within her that she will likely pass on to her children.

Others believe albinism, which can range in severity from Type 1 to 4, may be the reason for Nmachi’s pigmentation.

The BBC reports that both parents may carry a copy of the albino gene without it having surfaced in either of their families for many years.

Professor Ian Jackson of Human Genetics Unit at the Medical Research Council said “This is perhaps one of the most common recessive disorders in Nigeria, and we have to remember that it comes in different forms.”

Health risks related to albinism include vision problems and sun damage to skin.
    So, is this baby and her eventual children going to regress to the Nigerian mean IQ or the White English mean IQ?
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

either way they should name her unfaithful.

Comment

As we need more evidence that white people came from black people.

I didn't want to say evolve because people like Hera would assume it implied an improvement and use that an as excuse for genocide.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by a.kitman View Post
        either way they should name her unfaithful.
        If she would have been unfaithful, the kid would have been semi-black!
        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Blond hair and blue eyes are both recessive I think, so it's not impossible.
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

The only thing is that they're first-generation Nigerian immigrants
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

And?
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Blond hair and blue eyes are both recessive I think, so it's not impossible.
                Only if she has white ancestors somewhere... (which is most probably what Al B. Sure!'s comment is about)
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Missed the last sentence of the article:

“This is perhaps one of the most common recessive disorders in Nigeria, and we have to remember that it comes in different forms.”
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

So, is this baby and her eventual children going to regress to the Nigerian mean IQ or the White English mean IQ?
                      It depends if she ends up at a public or a state school. Im guessing if both her parents are black first generation immigrants then shes ****ed
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Hmm. I know the daughter of some first generation Nigerian immigrants who went to state school in rough bits of Manchester/London who is very successful! She'd absolutely kick your arse for that generalization.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
                          If she would have been unfaithful, the kid would have been semi-black!
                          this is clearly a case of immaculate conception, you better worship it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            Hmm. I know the daughter of some first generation Nigerian immigrants who went to state school in rough bits of Manchester/London who is very successful! She'd absolutely kick your arse for that generalization.
                            Im sure Youre right. I can only imagine myself being far more driven had I gone to a state school instead of a grammar, but then I would have ended up a financially solvent and successful temp agency manager instead of a Poly posting- household staff to the upper class. I think its something to do with being a big fish in a small pond.

Ive been working at the bottom of the barrel for the last few months, because it amused me to do so. What I have found is while 'Ive been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding' the majority of those people will bring their kids up to the best of their ability, combating adversary (namely their missus, and minimum wage). What these dudes want is for their kids to live the dreams and have all the opportunity that they failed to grasp, or werent even available to them.

We are gifted in this country that there is the opportunity for social mobility

On that note Im gonna try and get some kip, so Ive got a shadow of a hope of keeping up with you hell raisers this weekend. Also you should introduce me to this bird btw
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

I went to a normal state school, it was good. *shrug*
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                              X