Tallest, Biggest, Longest, Mostest…?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tallest, Biggest, Longest, Mostest…?

It just occurred to me, for example that I’ve visited most of the structures in the world that have held the record ‘Tallest Structure in the World’ at some point in their existence – my record is: c. 2700 BCE – 1549; 1884 – 1967; 1975 - 2007…

I’ve also managed the most northerly and southerly capital cities of the world (Reykjavik & Wellington). For our yank friends, I’ve managed to visit 21 states (+D.C.) and stayed in 12 of them (+D.C.).

What sort of records have you managed and what do you hope to achieve? Obviously one of mine would be to complete my World’s tallest structure list, which is easily doable!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

I've been to the world's most backward country, but after a day in Llangollen returned to civilisation again.

Comment

I am the worst poster at Apolyton.

Edit: Also, I've never played a Civ Game.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear View Post
        I am the worst poster at Apolyton.
        There are other posters who are much worse.

Comment

im one of the few (maybe only) diagnosed with schizophrenia that put the disease into complete remission without medication after 2 years with zero relapse while living independently and holding down a full time job.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

when I read the title of this thread I broke in to rap... Who's down with OPP?!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              There are other posters who are much worse.
              Oh dear! Things must have really gone downhill since 2004. I was going to ceremonially apologize, ban myself, and anonymously re-reg to seek redemption but I guess I don't have to anymore!
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I find it funny that Mobius thinks having been to the tallest buildings in the world is some sort of accomplishment like he has climbed Everest or something.
                "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Which ones have you been to?
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

That's not the point.

As for my accomplishment... I'm a 25 year old virgin
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It is the point isn't it? I don't think he's bragging, just trying to start a chat about travelling... although, if you've never been anywhere it might sound like bragging I suppose.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        ...climbed Everest or something.
                        Which is named after a Welshman BTW...

Sorry, it wasn't my intention to come over as bragging - just an attempt to start a chat about travelling as Mike said...

I thought America was an awesome country to visit - and I can totally understand why the majority of Americans never bother going out of the country!

Any Americans here done all 50 states? I reckon that would be a pretty cool achievement...

Comment

BTW, I bypassed Philly - just didn't strike me as a particularly interesting place to visit, given the time we had...

Comment

AAHZ, congrats to you man, I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, after 1 year of having severe panick attacks/psychotic episodes, along with my ADD, PTSD and Aspergers, because of 13 years of being bullied. Still on the meds though.
                            "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

Thanks. I thought about having a brain-scan or some such, as schizophrenia has to do with brain tissue loss (literally holes in your brain,) and i was somehow able to "rewire" myself without aid of chemicals. Maybe i could help others or something, but i am still a bit traumatized from the whole experience. Even if i was misdiagnosed my life was horrible dealing with whatever it is that i DID have for about 3 decades.

While i joke about it often, and i can act like a silly twit, I really do owe a large portion of my stability to Buddhism and Blake for introducing it to me. How i would have defeated some of the IRL obstacles the past 2 years since i have been practicing, i believe would have been impossible due to my old way of behaving and thinking. I now practice every day and will do so until i pass on.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X