Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Does Intelligence Contribute to Life Outcomes

A lot!

Consider this scenario: A white man falls down a pit and break both his legs such that he will never walk again. Yet, because of his genetics, he is likely to obtain a higher salary than the black man above the pit currently shoveling dirt onto him. Meanwhile the Asian man nearby, who recently passed away from tuberculosis, will likely win a nobel prize for mathematics in the next few years.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Why would the Asian guy care?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

recent studies have show that emotional intellegence gets you further in life

the white guy wouldn't have "fallen" down the pit if he hadn't off fired the black guy on his day off... but the black guy would get paid a higher salary if he wasn't prone to burying white guys who fall down pits.
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm convinced.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ha! It's a trick question. There is no Nobel prize for mathematics.

Comment

this is a retarded thread. to quote japher, just sayin'
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

How do we define intelligence here? In medieval times mnemonists were revered as some of the most intelligent people around, though as our ability to record information has grown a good memory is no longer as highly valued.
              Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
              Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Really. What if you forget where you recorded the information?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

What information?
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Nowadays intelligence is measured by how quickly and accurately one can use Google.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear View Post
                      How do we define intelligence here? In medieval times mnemonists were revered as some of the most intelligent people around, though as our ability to record information has grown a good memory is no longer as highly valued.

Did you forget that you read this, Mike?

Comment

I was jokily suggesting that I had forgotten there even was any information. nm
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          this is a retarded thread. to quote japher, just sayin'
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Really. What if you forget where you recorded the information?
                            It's pretty easy to index thousands of mp3's in iTunes and simply search by keywords etc.
                            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              I was jokily suggesting that I had forgotten there even was any information. nm
                              Is it just me or is Sloww awfully slow? Guess being from Texas does that.
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                              X