The Great Cooling has started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Cooling has started

Charlotte Pass was far and away the coldest location overnight, not only in NSW, but the entire country. The mercury there dipped to a glacial -20 degrees! This is the coldest it's been anywhere in Australia since 1994. It was also the third coldest temperature ever recorded.
    With a strong La Nina on the way, the cooling has started, first in Australia and then it will sweep the world. This cooling is usual for a La Nina year, watch out in the north when winter comes.

I hope so...
    at the momernt we still have temperatures far above 30°C in germany.
    Would prefer them around 25°C or lower
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by trev View Post
      With a strong La Nina on the way, the cooling has started, first in Australia and then it will sweep the world. This cooling is usual for a La Nina year, watch out in the north when winter comes.
      I can't wait for the global warming deniers to tell everyone the earth is experiencing cooling and therefore global warming is false.

Comment

No, not falling into that trap.
        The US is experiencing one of it's hottest years.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I expect that the Iceland volcano might contribute to a colder winter. However, Beijing has been surprisingly comfortable this summer.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
            After one of its coldest winters.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

must be because of them new Dyson fans
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                One season hot or cold on any given continent is irrelevant (in any global warming discussion but can be very important to the natural gas price
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                  Now if you were intellectually honest you would have to admit that the post above depends on which coastline you are.
                  "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I must say the climate in Wales has been virtually perfect so far this year...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

La Nina years seem to bring more rain here though less rain than El Nino years.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The world is experiencing one of its hottest years.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Umm... you all do realize that it's summer in the northern hemisphere so it's winter in the southern hemisphere?
                          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Umm... you all do realize that it's summer in the northern hemisphere so it's winter in the southern hemisphere?
                            What does that have to do with anything?

http://iri.columbia.edu/climate/ENSO...QuickLook.html
                            http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...obalstats.html
                            Last edited by giblets; July 21, 2010, 13:21.

Comment

Wake up, gribbler... it was a response to...

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                              The world is experiencing one of its hottest years.
                              (granted, you can have a hottest winter ever, but I doubt either of them meant it like that and we didn't have an especially warm winter a few months back in the US at least so I doubt that's how they meant it; instead, they were basically saying that it can't be cold in Australia or that there's cooling because we're hot as hell here in the US and in Europe!)
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                              X