• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Website Ever

Besides Apolyton, silly

Wow. I could spend hours on there.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Refdesk is a free and family friendly web site indexing and reviewing quality, credible, and current Internet reference resources.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
      Don't do it to me, Sloww. I spend too much time on the computer as is. I need a woman.

(I don't really like that site's jumbled interface though)
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        Besides Apolyton, silly

Wow. I could spend hours on there.
        Check out this guy's TED Talk.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I bookmarked gapminder for later perusal. You said in another thread that arab women are marrying on average at 29? i struggle to believe that given my previous understanding
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

How is this not a watered down version of Wolfram Alpha?
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I could produce a better-looking website than that!

To be fair, I'm a big fan of Web 1.0 or whatever it was called 10-15 years ago, but that place is just a complete mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Check out this guy's TED Talk.
                  He has a number of TED talks. He's gets very excited and talks like a sports commentator when he shows time series data.

Snotty:

It's one of the preset charts on the site. To be fair, he only uses statistics from North African countries (Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, and Algeria) so who knows if it is representative for Syria, Jordan, etc. The site takes a while to load on my slow computer so I haven't checked out if he has any data on fertility and average age of first marriage for other Arab nations.

HC:

That webpage is ugly as hell. Even worse than the one Sloww posted.

Comment

Working...
                  X