Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al, tell me about the Reading Terminal Market in Philly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al, tell me about the Reading Terminal Market in Philly.

Is it like a Pike's Place Market but for produce and meat (meaning open 7 days a week with permanent independently owned stores inside the market) or is it more like a farmer's market?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Welcome to the Reading Terminal Market. Famous indoor farmer's market providing Philadelphia with grocery, dining & shopping needs!

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Philly > San Diego
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Never been. I pass by it every time I go on my 3 mile run but never been inside.

Why do you ask?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Oerdin is a dirty hipster, so gay **** like produce markets and independently-owned stores give him a giant hard-on.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

More importantly, he's all about appearances. He's just asking about it publicly instead of googling to try to cement his hipster image even more. He has no intention of even going.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I want to thank Oerdin for making this thrade and i hope there is many moar like it in the future.
              Order of the Fly
              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                More importantly, he's all about appearances. He's just asking about it publicly instead of googling to try to cement his hipster image even more. He has no intention of even going.

QFT
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

To be fair, the internet only tells you so much. I personally prefer to ask someone who's actually been there about it. I'm not sure the website would explain to him the nature of the place with regards to his question and I'm sure, if he was really interested or considering going there on some trip to Philly or something, that he would have had follow-up questions that he could ask someone who has been there.

I'm not that person though because I've never been inside.

I mean I know we're all technologically-driven but if you were thinking about going to a restaurant, yeah you could go online and look up reviews and even see some pictures of the interiors, but if you knew someone who went there last week, why the hell not just ask him about it? He can probably give you more insight than what you can read in some random guy's review on yahoo.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                    Never been. I pass by it every time I go on my 3 mile run but never been inside.

Why do you ask?
                    Some developer here was talking about creating a market place like that or Pike's Place Fish Market and since you're the resident expert on all things Philly related I thought I'd ask you if you had a first hand impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                      Some developer here was talking about creating a market place like that or Pike's Place Fish Market and since you're the resident expert on all things Philly related I thought I'd ask you if you had a first hand impression.
                      I do know that it's not just like a fish market. It's not just for grocery shopping. You can eat there; there are little restaurant things in there.

Comment

Nice, I was just wondering what your impression was because they kept comparing their proposed development to "Reading Terminal Market in Philly" and for better or worse when someone says Philly I think of you as the poly guy in Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          QFT.

Comment

Are you still eating fancy pants Swiss and Mushroom steaks?

Comment

Eh?

Comment

Working...
                              X