Yay! Drugs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! Drugs!

So it appears that I've got severe tonsillitis. Although severe is just an exaggeration. Anyway, they gave me some drugs to kill the bacteria and reduce the pain. What's interesting is that they gave me additional drugs that one can easily overdose on and that I don't really need. I take this to mean that I should take the whole carton if things get so bad I can't stand it anymore. How thoughtful.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Back in the old days they just cut out everyone's tonsils. Now they give us badass drugs.

****ing progress. It rules.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Not everyone has the same resistance to the meds. I guess they had rather opt to make sure you had enough and that you weren't an idiot. Bad on them, huh?
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, I've still got a ton of leftover Codeine's from when I had mono. Whatevs, it'll sit on my desk until I find myself in some horrible, horrible pain for whatever reason.
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Or bored on a Sunday afternoon.

Oh wait. I'm being told that I shouldn't encourage recreational drug use with prescription medication. Apparently, this takes money away from hard working drug dealers.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

According to Hospice it's really hard to overdose on Opiates and Opoids unless you're already hooked.
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

So apparently, I could have taken the injection option. I'm wondering if this meant that I would be responsible for injecting myself 3 times a day. On the one hand, it's a major hassle to deal with needles; on the other, it would be totally awesome to shoot up during lunch.
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

If they gave you pills you could still insufflate them which would be pretty fun to explain to your coworkers and/or HR manager.
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                X